Europa’s Plans already underway
- Enhancing the processes within our own, in-house TMS to manage the end-to-end delivery processes for importing and exporting goods. This includes facilities for management of payments of duty and VAT in the quickest way.
- Expanding the ETSF and Customs Bonded Facility at our Dartford 1hub to minimise the need to have customs clearance at the port of entry, so allowing us to perform clearance at inland border points rather than Dover/Calais.
- Utilising unaccompanied services and alternative ports of entry and exit whilst leveraging our increased fleet capacity and relationship with shipping lines as a result of our recent acquisition, Continental Cargo Carriers.
- The final stages of accreditation under the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) scheme.
- Offering access to Europa Air’s Global Consolidated airfreight programme.
To assist, your business will need to:-
- Get an EORI number (Economic Operator’s Registration and Identification) if you don’t already have one by going to hmrc.gov.uk and search EORI for a useful online form to make an online application.
- Review the size and suitability of your deferment account.
- Understand the classification of your goods (which ultimately determines if duty is payable and at what rate) and incoterms with your own customers. Visit www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk as an invaluable source of information.
- Issue letters of authorisation or attorney in relation to inbound customs clearance arrangements.
- Understand the origin of your goods.