Details of position
Reporting to the Branch / Sales Manager
Responsible for achieving and exceeding financial, appointment and telesales (outbound calls) targets as dictated by the line Manager and for maintaining and developing your customer base for which you will be fully accountable.
Other related targets may be implemented from time-to-time..
Responsibilities / position in structure
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Account Manager are:
- Sourcing sales leads using the Company’s in-house CMS or other sources of information.
- Making telesales calls (outbound) to potential clients in line with targets with a mind to profiling and qualifying the prospect, using your knowledge of the Europa product portfolio. Recording the findings in the CMS.
- Making appointments in line with targets where customers meet the required qualifying criteria to appoint.
- Visiting potential customers with a mind to converting them into customers for your own business base and towards you own financial target (based on Gross Profit)
- Preparation of quotations for presentation to the customer.
- Converting prospective clients to live, trading clients.
- Development of the business within your customer base in order to achieve the GP target required of the individual.
- Management of the accounts in your business base with a mind to maintaining and developing the levels of business within that client base, ideally with the aim of becoming the sole supplier within those accounts where practical and possible.
- Managing all facets of the accounts for which you are responsible, ensuring that credit limits are managed in line with Company standards, internal communication with all operational departments allows those departments to perform their roles correctly and in order to ensure delivery of our promises made to the customer.
- Working within the Europa framework at all times to ensure development of Group/Core services.
- Making regular contact with your customers pro-actively to ensure that we are satisfying the needs of the customer and with a mind to developing further business opportunities from within that account.
- Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
Duties (in order of priority)
- Proactive calling and Cold Calls, business development, quote preparation and management of accounts
80% of time with a high level of responsibility.
- Associated Administration
20% of time with a low/medium level of responsbility.
Qualifications / skills required.
- Strong, confident personality with a sales background and a proven track record at telesales is required.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload and within a targeted environment.
- A strong head for numbers is essential.
- English and maths at GCSE level C or above are essential.
- At least 2 years Commercial Office experience preferred.
Particular aptitude/skill required
- Excellent communicator, ambition to meet targets.