Details of position
Location Heathrow. Reporting to the Airfreight Pricing Team Supervisor.
- Formulate airfreight quotations for both internal and external existing and potential customers
- Liaise with overseas partners
- Be aware of current market conditions
- Collate feedback and intelligence
Responsibilities / position in structure
- Monitor shared mailbox and prioritise airfreight quotations
- Update central quote software
- Production and distribution of printed quotes
- Customer liaison with emphasis on price negotiation
- Awareness of current airline rates and schedules
- Liaison with overseas agents/partners
- Concise communication with internal operations departments
- Develop relations with BDM’s including regular customer reviews
Duties (in order of priority)
- Formulate airfreight quotes.
50% of time with a high level of responsibility.
- Shipment co-ordination and customer updates .
25% of time with a medium level of responsbility.
- Communication with internal colleagues.
25% of time with a medium/low level of responsbility
Qualifications / skills required.
- Attention to detail with a passion for customer service is critical to this role.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication (phone and writing) skills.
- The ability to prioritise and to work under pressure is also a necessity.
- General airfreight knowledge and operational experience would be an advantage and a good head for numbers is required
- Import or Export operations experience
Particular aptitude/skill required
- Excellent communicator, Microsoft Excel and Word literate, Negotiation skills, Aptitude for prioritisation.