Details of position
Location flexible for the right candidate. Reporting to the National Sales Manager – Air & Sea.
To support the Manager and in particular Sales Staff through administrative duties to allow them to focus on new and existing business development. Along with general office admin this will also involve the direct communication with the branches customer base via email and phone, along with the utilisation of Europa software.
Responsibilities / position in structure
- Responsible for the identification, acquisition, development and retention of a customer base within the Air & Seafreight modes.
- You will be fully accountable for the growth of GP across these modes and in line with a structured sales scheme.
- You will report to the National Sales Manager and will be required to generate weekly and monthly progress reports and others when required.
- Involved with market campaigns and the related literature.
- Primary Targets: Gross margin
- Secondary Targets: Sales activity targets (logged in our CMS System), customer base growth.
Duties (in order of priority)
- Proactive external meetings and called to the named customer base.
60% of time with a high level of responsibility.
- Quote preparation and closing.
30% of time with a medium level of responsbility.
- Associated Administration.
10% of time with a medium/low level of responsbility.
Qualifications / skills required.
- Strong, confident personality with some experience of sales is required.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication skills (face-to-face and over the phone).
- Personal sales activity planning, key account planning, generation of leads for both the Telesales Team and self-generation of appointments.
- The ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload and within a targeted environment.
- Commercially aware (focus on gross profit growth and cost control).
- Able to understand/explain products and services and take and resolve queries and objections.
- At least 2 years Office experience preferred.
- At least 2 years Commercial freight sales and / or operational experience.
Particular aptitude/skill required
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service are required..