Details of position
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager
Responsible for the ongoing management of the existing customer base (named clients) with a mind to maintaining your customer base and spend levels.
The role is a hybrid of the internal sales role and the customer service role.
Other related targets may be implemented from time-to-time.
Responsibilities / position in structure
The essential duties and responsibilities in Customer Service are:
- Receiving inbound calls from within your named client base and dealing with their call correctly in order to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Making outbound calls to your named client base to understand what consignments they may have for us to quote, book or manage on their behalf – a proactive rather than reactive approach is required.
- Preparation of quotations for presentation to the customer with a mind to achieving quote/consignment conversion targets you may be set set from time-to-time and with a mind to maximising the Gross profit earning potential on those opportunities, referring any complex issues or requests to your line manager for advice in order to ensure the maximum amount of opportunity is extracted at all times from the customer base.
- Logging all activity in the CMS system (Goldmine) where required.
- Reporting your figures daily into your line manager so that activity levels can be monitored at all times.
- Development of the business within your customer base in order to achieve the GP levels required.
- Management of the accounts in your business base with a mind to maintaining and developing the levels of business within that client base, ideally with the aim of becoming the sole supplier within those accounts where practical and possible.
- Managing all facets of the accounts for which you are responsible, ensuring that credit limits are managed in line with Company standards, internal communication with all operational departments allows those departments to perform their roles correctly and in order to ensure delivery of our promises made to the customer.
- Working within the Europa framework at all times to ensure development of Group/Core services.
- Making regular contact with your customers pro-actively to ensure that we are satisfying the needs of the customer and with a mind to developing further business opportunities from within that account.
Duties (in order of priority)
- Proactive outbound calls to the named customer base and fielding inbound calls
60% of time with a high level of responsibility.
- Quote preparation and closing.
30% of time with a medium level of responsbility.
- Associated Administration
10% of time with a low/medium level of responsbility.
Qualifications / skills required.
- Strong, confident personality with an internal sales background and/or customer service background is required.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication (face-to-face and over the phone) skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload and within a targeted environment.
- A good head for numbers is required.
- English and maths at GCSE level C or above are essential.
- At least 2 years Commercial Office experience preferred.
Particular aptitude/skill required
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service and a desire to improve the Gross profit margins are required.