Details of position
Reporting to Forwarding Operations Manager
Handling of incoming forwarding enquires for all Europa U.K Branches.
Sourcing transport solutions, negotiating costings with 3rd party carriers and overseas agents.
Forge close working relationship with partner.
Building strong working relationships, establishing a professional and reliable service for all branch forwarding requirements.
Maximising profitability and increasing revenue/margin on all non serviced EU markets and Routes
Responsibilities / position in structure
- Receiving inbound calls and dealing with the call correctly in order to satisfy the internal sales or external branch’s needs.
- Managing all facets of a job for which you are responsible both import & export
- Working within the Europa framework at all times to ensure development of Group/Core services.
- Constant monitoring of collections/deliveries to ensure agents/hauliers meet their agreed service levels.
- Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
- Generating Export/Import Booking Confirmations advising to UK/overseas agents.
- Ensuring purchase invoices are in-line with agreed cost)/Job Admin/Filing.
- Dealing with agents/hauliers making sure that ultimate customer service is met at all times.
- Team player, customer friendly with ability to prioritise and work under pressure with good telephone manners.
- Overall Purpose of this role is to ensure that the Europa Branches receive excellent customer service and the team comply to Import/Export operational procedures and in-line with company policy.
Duties (in order of priority)
- Handling Incoming Europa Branches Forwarding Enquires. (20%)
- Monitoring Collections & Deliveries. (20%)
- Associated Administration. (20%)
- Use of system to advise UK collections to Domestic Partner. (10%)
- Use of system to create and manifest export trip. (10%)
- Handling incoming calls from Partners. (20%)
Qualifications / skills required.
- Negotiator – Having the ability and to be confident in negotiating costs with agents/hauliers to maximize profit opportunities whilst maintaining a high service level.
- Time Management – Handling multiple urgent tasks whilst having the ability to constantly prioritise your incoming workload.
- Solutions Finder – Considering all transport option i.e Groupage/Part & Full Loads, Dedicated Vehicles.
- Flexibility working approach – Being able to move from one task to another under sometime tight deadlines.
Previous experience within European Freight Forwarding and Operations
Particular aptitude/skill required
Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service and a desire to improve the Gross profit margins are required.