Details of position
Handling of incoming forwarding enquires for all Europa U.K Branches.
Sourcing transport solutions, negotiating costings with 3rd party carriers and overseas agents.
Building strong working relationships, establishing a professional and reliable service for all branch forwarding requirements.
Maximising profitability and increasing revenue/margin on all non serviced EU markets and Routes
Responsibilities / position in structure
- Receiving inbound calls and dealing with the call correctly in order to satisfy the internal sales or external branch’s needs.
- Managing all facets of a job for which you are responsible both import & export
- Working within the Europa framework at all times to ensure development of Group/Core services.
- Constant monitoring of collections/deliveries to ensure agents/hauliers met their agreed service levels.
- Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
- Generating Export/Import Booking Confirmations advising to UK/overseas agents.
- Ensuring purchase invoices are in-line with agreed cost)/Job Admin/Filing.
- Dealing with agents/hauliers making sure that ultimate customer service is met at all times.
- Team player, customer friendly with ability to prioritise and work under pressure with good telephone manners.
Duties (in order of priority)
- AHandling Incoming Europa Braches Forwarding Enquires . (50%)
- Monitoring Collections & Deliveries. (30%)
- Associated Administration including preparing booking confirmations to agents/hauliers. (20%)
Qualifications / skills required.
- Negotiator – Having the ability and to be confident in negotiating costs with agents/hauliers to maximize profit opportunities whilst maintaining a high service level.
- Time Management – Handling multiple urgent tasks whilst having the ability to constantly prioritise your incoming workload.
- Solutions Finder – Considering all transport option i.e Groupage/Part & Full Loads, Dedicated Vehicles.
- Flexibility working approach – Being able to move from one task to another under sometime tight deadlines
Previous experience within European Freight Forwarding and Operations
Particular aptitude/skill required
Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service and a desire to improve the Gross profit margins are required.