Details of position
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager a Sales Branch Manager is responsible for all sales and customer service functions within the branch location. The Sales Branch is separate from any physical operation which may exist at any site (for example, Dartford Sales Branch is autonomous from the operation at Dartford).
The SBM is responsible for the P & L for the branch, setting and achieving (but aiming to exceed) sales targets for the Senior Account Managers, Account Managers and Customer Service Executives working within the branch environment. The SBM will achieve this through regular coaching and direct one-to-one management of those personnel to ensure that they are performing as anticipated and being on hand to help them to develop their skills and experience.
The SBM shall be involved in the development of business across all Europa products but primarily Road Freight. This will focus on the development of new business, achievement of all targets as agreed with the Regional Sales Manager, maintenance and development of existing business whilst ensuring excellent levels of customer service and delivery of service to customer.
The SBM will ensure that the team work in harmony with other internal departments within the Europa organisation to ensure all parties are performing to the highest standard with a mind to ensuring ultimate customer satisfaction.
The SBM shall ensure conformity at all times to all Company policies and procedures and shall deal with non-conformance in line with those procedures. The SBM is responsible for all recruitment and selection and performance management and will ensure that the Regional Sales Manager is kept fully updated on all facets of operation within the Branch.
The SBM is responsible for ensuring all customers comply with the terms and conditions of trade whilst transacting with Europa. This includes terms of payment and credit limits. Managing those clients correctly either directly or through their team to ensure that the customer performs to our expectations whilst maintaining a strong, healthy and supportive relationship with those customers.
Responsibilities / position in structure
The essential duties and responsibilities of the SBM will be:
- The achievement of demanding but attainable sales targets.
- The retention and development of existing large key accounts.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Managing and motivating your team with effective and open communication, to ensure that they achieve their targets.
- Attract, build and retain the very best quality of staff within the team. And ensure that they are equipped with the right skills, knowledge, competencies to delight customers and achieve business results.
- Understand and implement Company policies, procedures and practices in order to correctly manage the team and the business being operated and managed within that team.
- Develop strong working knowledge and relationships within the organisation – possess strong networking skills in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Report performance statistics daily, weekly and monthly to the Regional Sales Manager to ensure all targets are achieved and to implement corrective actions.
Duties (in order of priority)
- New business generation from major potential customers and account management and retention of existing large customers.
50% of time with targets agreed annually.
- Staff management, motivation and development and sales administration.
50% of time including monthly reporting.
Qualifications / skills required.
- Good standard of Education.
- Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and sales management systems.
- Exceptional communication and customer relationship skills.
- Five years’ experience in sales management preferably within the freight and distribution sector, and preferably with extensive road freight experience.
- In addition, experience of sales for the retail sector is important as this has traditionally been a strong sector.
- Proven track record of achievement against demanding sales targets (both personal and team).
Particular aptitude/skill required
- Proven track record in opportunity management and sales effectiveness/revenue conversion.
- Hard working and service orientated.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, a team player, capable of building strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong proven new business sales negotiating and closure skills.
- Influencing and change management skills.
- Powerful oral and written communication skills.
- Proven people management skills.
- Good industry sector awareness and a strong network of contacts.
- Dedication, enthusiasm, ambition and gravitas.