Details of position
Reporting directly to the Section Manager
Control Freight level to RDP, Release /route deliveries according to required delivery date, control collections in area of control, liaising with RDP both verbally, and via email.
The position is 0900/1730hrs with 1hr lunch, but applicant must have understanding that compulsory overtime (which we endeavour to keep to an absolute minimum) is to be done where necessary. Good geographical knowledge and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
Duties (in order of priority)
- Arrange Trunk cargo between RDP/Depot. (50%)
- Releasing of freight for delivery (20%)
- Releasing of freight for collection (20%)
- Administration Duties. (10%)
Qualifications / skills required.
- Competent in admin & with good Geographical knowledge.
- Competent in IT Systems.
- Ability to find transport solutions.
- Minimum 2yrs experience in a Freight/Logistics Traffic office.
Particular aptitude/skill required
- Good Geographical knowledge.
- Good communication Skills at all levels.
- Quick Learner
- Good attention to detail