Details of position
Reporting to the Branch / Sales Manager
The person we are seeking will play a pivotal role in the later part of our operational, ranging from driver liaison, to routing amendments, breakdown coverage, and Information on Delivery data return. The role also includes releasing dedicated vehicles, liaising with night drivers via telephone, and use of Webfleet (online vehicle tracking & Telematics,) email and telephone liaison with Regional Partners. This role will also include an amount of administrative duties.
This role is very time critical, as well as rewarding for the right candidate, with a can-do attitude. The role will require a full in-house training program to enable the right candidate to have a full company overview to understand the role to its fullest.
Responsibilities / position in structure
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Transport PM Clerk are:
- Assist in the control of drivers, both Europa employed, and Sub-contractors.
- Deal with Breakdowns where required by procedure (set out by Fleet Manager).
- Ensure administration is completed on all jobs from C&D fleet, Artic work, and RDP.
- De-trip/Trip cargo to Trunking Operation where required.
- Allocate post-dated cargo to trunks where appropriate.
- Liaise with internal departments / UK Network members / Drivers.
- Driver De-briefing from both system, paperwork, and electronic PDA devices, with liaison with RDP/3rd party haulage/courier companies.
- Night trunk driver liaison
Duties (in order of priority)
- Assistance to Traffic Desk. (25%)
- Driver Liaison. (35%)
- Department/RDP Network Liaison. (40%)
Qualifications / skills required.
- Traffic desk knowledge.
- Driver WTD.
- Good with Administration, written and IT.
- Good Geographical Knowledge.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and on own initiative essential
The right candidate will need to be fully conversant with driver liaison for multi drop drivers to the freight industry, as well as having an understanding of the requirement to meet delivery targets per consignment with regional partner network.
Europa collect and deliver all general cargoes, to Business, residential, and RDP so a full range of skills will be required to be able to control and assist the business to effect the requirements.
Particular aptitude/skill required
The key to this role is to get involved, and understand varying aspects of the Transport office. We run a fleet of circa. 50 drivers making deliveries and collections for both import clients, and export services on a fleet of vehicle ranging from Transit Vans, to Artics. Europa are using an in-house TMS with incab devices for Electronic POD/Tracking/Telematics to ensure auto-return of delivery/collection data to European agents, clients, and internal departments. IT Skills and the understanding of our product will be key to this position.
Shift is 1400/2200hrs with 1hr lunch break.
You will need a particular aptitude to IT to learn four new systems (Leonardo/Paragon/Webfleet/Palletline)