We answer your most common questions about Brexit, how it could affect your business and how we can support you.
Q: What plans are you making in preparation for the risk of congestion at main ports, particularly Dover?
Q: Are you planning to use air freight instead of or as well as road/rail?
Q: Will my business in the UK still have access to markets on the same terms as now once we leave the European Union?
Q: What is an EORI number and will I need one?
Q: For UK customs declarations will Europa migrate to the new HMRC Customs Declaration Service (CDS)?
Q: Are there any restrictions on particular goods for different countries?
Q: How could Brexit affect VAT on goods?
Q: How might a No Deal Brexit impact my business?
Q: What plans are you making for No Deal Brexit?
- Enhance the processes within our own, in-house TMS to manage the end-to-end processes for importing and exporting goods including facilities for management of payments of duty and VAT in the swiftest way possible.
- Expansion of the ETSF and Customs Bonded Facility at our Dartford hub to minimise the need to perform customs clearance at the port of entry thereby allowing us to perform clearance at inland border points rather than Dover/Calais.
- Utilising unaccompanied services and alternative ports of entry and exit and leveraging our increased fleet capacity and relationship with shipping lines as a result of our recent acquisition, Continental Cargo Carriers.
- Offering access to Europa Air’s Global Consolidated airfreight programme.
- Increasing the team within our European Operations by 40 people, in order to facilitate customs formalities.
- In addition, we are in the final stages of accreditation under the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) scheme and we have already completed a remodel of Dartford hub which gives us double the operating capacity. At this stage, and with no clear, obvious outcome, we believe we are preparing to the maximum degree we are able to.
How to prepare for the Customs Declaration Service
What you need to do to get ready for the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) will depend on how you currently make declarations using CHIEF
Latest tariff rates applicable to imports in the event of a No Deal Brexit: