Pioneering logistics provider Europa Worldwide Group has announced its support for the Royal Logistic Corps Foundation.
More about The Royal Logistic Corps Foundation (RLCF)
- Established in 2015 by The Royal Logistic Corps with the purpose of promoting professional excellence within the Corps
- Part of its aim is to create a strong professional relationships with organisations from the wider logistics community within industry
- The Army’s professional logistics organisation
- Largest corps in the Army, with 11,000 regular and 5,000 reserve officers and soldiers and is organised into logistic regiments with a national footprint covering all parts of the UK, and overseas bases
Europa Worldwide Group is a specialist road, air & sea and warehouse operator employing over 1,000 staff across 16 sites in the UK, plus Belgium and Hong Kong.
Comment from Europa:
“Supporting the Foundation is an opportunity for Europa to support a great association and share learnings with the Army’s logistics professionals.
The civilian world of logistics is very different from the armed forces but these are areas we can both learn from, as well as providing Europa with the opportunity to support and provide career opportunities to ex-servicemen within logistics, who bring a wealth of experience.”
Europa becomes part of group of leading logistics operators who are able to provide support, through events, training, visits and talks to service personnel through the RLCF as well as the opportunity to network with fellow logistics experts.
Comment from The RLC Foundation Chairman, Major General Angus Fay CB MMAS FCILT FCMI
“We are delighted to welcome Europa Worldwide Group into the Foundation’s membership, adding considerably to the strength of our work through their innovative business support. The RLC Foundation provides an understanding of how the Army plans and delivers its logistics in volatile and challenging environments, as well as demonstrating how the military ‘can do’ culture gets things done. Through various events and online, the Foundation offers the opportunity to get to know the Army logistics community – its people and ideas, its processes and systems, and to share best practice.”
More about Angus:
- Angus is a lifelong logistics professional
- He is currently Vice President Strategic Development at World Fuel Services, a Fortune® 100 global energy, logistics and technology solutions provider
- During his extensive military career, he led military logistics delivery at all levels, from tactical to strategic.
- He was the author and chief architect of the Defence Support Transformation Programme, leading transformational change in Defence logistics, with the digital transformation of the logistics enterprise at its core