Dartford headquartered Europa Worldwide Group has appeared for the first time in The Sunday Times Profit Track 100 2021, which ranks Britain’s 100 private companies with the fastest-growing profits (over their latest three years).
Europa highest logistics company listed
Europa is the highest listed logistics company, placed at number 32 out of 100 businesses in the league table, alongside two other logistics firms (listed at 78 and 100).
More about Profit Track
This year’s Covid-19 special edition of the Profit Track reviews the impressive past performance of the featured companies, their contribution to the economy and responses to the pandemic.
“The Profit Track listing is great recognition of how we have continued to deliver a high-quality service for our customers, despite the challenges facing the global economy and the logistics industry.
“This is a triumph, and I would like to thank every member of the team for their continued hard work in making Europa a success.”
More about Europa’s challenges/approach during the pandemic
Despite the impact of Covid-19 and the huge number of obstacles which this presented:
- All of Europa’s six divisions continued to operate services as normal throughout the pandemic, despite the difficult trading conditions.
- Europa’s Air & Sea team were immediately impacted, forced to navigate rapidly changing rates and a lack of air cargo carriers.
- The Europa Road division, which specialises in European road freight remained dedicated to its customers, keeping all routes open and services running.
- For Europa Warehouse, the challenges came later with the boom in ecommerce resulting in a huge increase in demand. In addition, the Warehouse team completed its new £60m, 715,000 sq ft Corby warehouse on time, successfully opening the site in June 2020.
- The firm was also recognised for its work in supporting the NHS with PPE and the delivery of medical beds during the pandemic, specifically for the first NHS Nightingale Hospital, created at ExCel in London, in March 2020.
The launch of Europa Flow
The leading logistics firm also spent 12 months preparing for Brexit, investing more than £5m, including its eagerly anticipated unique customs product, Europa Flow which launched on 1stJanuary 2021.
The first of its kind, the product takes care of customs declarations and duty requirements, in advance of shipments arriving at their destination; and removing the need for import VAT payments in Europe.
Comment from the organisers:
“These ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited businesses punch well above their weight and are vital for the UK economy; they invest, and this investment also creates jobs.
“As the vaccine programme continues to be rolled out and lockdown restrictions are eased, high-growth businesses like these must have adequate support.
“We are pleased to see the range of business support measures in this year’s Budget. Developing and strengthening our innovation-focused economy is crucial and these businesses will play a key role in the UK’s wider economic recovery post-pandemic.”
Last year, Europa was featured for the third consecutive year in The Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table which ranks Britain’s leading mid-market private companies with the biggest sales.