Job Role: IT Support Engineer
Division/Department: Group IT
Reports to: IT Helpdesk Manager
We are currently recruiting for a passionate IT support Engineer. This is a “hands on” position working in a fast paced environment supporting a wide range of users. The successful candidate will have previous commercial IT support experience, providing 1st & 2nd Line Support in a multi-site environment.
The main focus in this role will be to field support calls and helpdesk tickets with minimal travel to UK sites. Assisting the end user remotely or directly to help resolve their issues, or escalate them to an appropriate member of the IT team within predefined SLA’s.
This is where you come in:
You will be the first line of support for the Helpdesk Team, taking the appropriate action to resolve problems received. This support role will also include the installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals.
Our Ideal Person:
- 12+ months of commercial IT support experience, in a large user base environment.
- Ability to handle 30-50 helpdesk calls per day.
- An excellent understanding of desktop, laptops, thin clients and servers.
- Experience in Microsoft Active directory administration.
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016/2016R2 and Linux as well as Microsoft Office 2013, 2016 & Office365.
- Understanding & Management of Thin Clients.
- Citrix Administration (Application based).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using IT Helpdesk/Support Software.
- User/training manual documentation experience.
- NEC telephone system administration would also be advantageous.
- Basic networking advantageous (Ping, Tracert, IPcConfig, NSLookUp, PuTTY).
- Permission/User/Group and basic network administration & networking skills.
- Excellent phone manner, communication and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- A team player with the ability to work alone where necessary, and a keen learner.
In this role, you will:
- Interact with computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of thin clients, desktop, laptops, peripheral equipment and software within established standards.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including the associated file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Assist in routine IT maintenance to ensure that the company systems run efficiently at all times.
- Help train and orient staff on use of current hardware and software.
- Assist in monitoring and maintenance of the LAN/WAN infrastructure and connectivity, as appropriate.
- Where necessary it may be a requirement to visit our UK based sites for routine maintenance, support, training or assist with ‘outages’.
- To provide out of hours support in line with a shared support rota.
- Assisting in monitoring infrastructure and responding accordingly to ‘outages’.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to internal staff at all times.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Annual bonus.
- Company laptop
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) – offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays and contributory company pension scheme.