Job Role: Air & Sea Customer Service Operator
Division/Department: Air & Sea
Reports to: Air & Sea Customer Service Supervisor
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally.
To build, manage and maintain relationships with a portfolio of customers, providing excellent levels of service consistently. Provide sales support to the Business Development Managers in the region to meet and exceed financial targets, facilitate the continued growth of the division, and increase customer retention rate.
This is where you come in:
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Operator to join our Europa team. You will manage the day-to-day operations of the customers in your portfolio ensuring agreed service levels and financial targets are met.
Our Ideal Person:
- Strong, confident personality, with a customer service or operations background.
- At least 3 years previous experience within Air & Sea freight forwarding, is essential.
- Experience dealing with in-house quotations.
- Time management and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise and to pro-actively deal with situations and use initiative.
- Driven to succeed within the workplace.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of your assigned portfolio of customers, ensuring questions or concerns raised by customers are addressed as per the agreed service levels and financial targets set by the Territory Sales Managers.
- To be the first point of contact for all matters related to your assigned portfolio of customers, responding to customer queries in a timely manner.
- Proactively engage with customers to build, manage and maintain relationships to generate income and improve retention, recording results on the CRM.
- Deliver bespoke customer service to your assigned customers, providing quotes tailored to the specific needs of your customers to best service their individual requirements.
- Maintain retention targets of customers in your portfolio and aim to exceed these targets on a regular basis.
- Act as sales support for the Business Development Managers through quote building, quote feedback, CRM entries and the organising of shipments, ensuring key internal and external stakeholders are updated in line with key milestones.
- Take ownership for ensuring credit limits are managed to an appropriate level and payments or debts for your portfolio of customers are recovered promptly.
- Work with key internal stakeholders such as Operations and Business Development Managers (where relevant) to obtain and proactively deliver key status updates for customers within a timely manner to ensure best in class customer service.
- Support the Customer Service Supervisor with the creation of reports and statistics that highlight the level of service provided so that this can be presented in both internal and external review meetings.
- Conduct customer visits when required to review service levels, build relationships and revenue.
- Ensure you and your team follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’
- Undertake any other duties as requested by their line manager, commensurate with the role.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package
- 25 days annual leave, plus an additional holiday scheme
- Laptop & Tablet
- company events
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Fantastic maternity / adoption / paternity benefits
- 2x salary – death in service benefit
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Wide range of Europa rewards and benefits scheme
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!