Job Role: Branch Customs Supervisor
Division/Department: Road Branch
Reports to: Branch Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
To be directly responsible for the compliant production of UK import declarations, UK export declarations and the preparation of their corresponding French Import Declaration as produced by the branch team.
This is where you come in:
Each day you will take responsibility for ensuring the branch personnel are adhering to the prescribed process and are performing the task to the highest level of compliance.
You will be required to speak to customers proactively, to assist them with their queries, sharing your knowledge and expertise and instilling customer confidence.
Our Ideal Person:
- 3+ years operational customs experience.
- Excellent practical knowledge of customs processes and regimes, operationally.
- Demonstrates detailed understanding of import/export procedures, tariff classification and duty structures, valuation, origin, export controls and specialist regimes (for example, CFSP, IPR, OPR or similar).
In this role, you will:
- Prepare and perform declarations from the information that is managed directly within Europa’s Transport Management System (TMS), Leonardo and input into Leonardo either directly by the UK exporting client or the Account Management and Customer Service teams in the branch.
- Ensure the branch personnel are adhering to the prescribed process and are performing the task to the highest level of compliance.
- Provide an excellent service and speak to customers proactively by assisting them with their queries, sharing your knowledge and expertise and instilling customer confidence.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve and proactively manage the compliance of the entire process within the branch.
- Work with all necessary elements of the Road Business to deliver compliance with the overall objective of achieving 100% compliance for all declarations created.
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts and process internally customers and suppliers
- Be the main expert for Branch of the import and export procedures by providing a detailed understanding of key principles for the role such as tariff classification and duty structures, valuation, origin, export controls and specialist regimes (for example, CFSP, IPR, OPR or similar).
- Formulate, implement and review customs processes for the Branch.
- Resolve compliance problems, actively seeking innovative solutions to customer problems using expertise and skill.
- Create, develop and maintain any necessary training documentation to ensure compliance with the clearance process
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and deliver training and guidance to ensure the Branch has sufficient level of customs knowledge.
- Develop and maintain both new and existing customer relationships, proactively speaking with customers to assist with queries, and share knowledge and expertise.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by their line manager, commensurate with the role.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Additional holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Car parking
- Hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave
- Laptop / phone
- Canteen facilities