Job Role: Business Development Manager
Division/Department: Air/Sea Freight
Reports to: National Air and Sea Sales Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is the leading independent logistics firm and employs over 950 staff and was recently featured in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the second time.
Europa Worldwide Group is a fast-growing privately-owned freight forwarder which is structured into six Divisions – Europa Road, Europa Air & Sea, Europa Warehouse, Europa Show Freight, Europa Contact Centre and Continental Cargo Carriers.
Our Business Development Managers are responsible for the identification, acquisition, development and retention of a customer base within Air & Seafreight.
This is where you come in:
Europa Air and Sea are continuing to grow and have gone from strength to strength, therefore we require someone with industry knowledge and experience to join our Air and Sea team as a Business Development Manager at our office in Manchester.
Our Ideal Person:
- Industry experience – MUST have air/sea freight sales experience.
- Passionate about sales – with a ‘hunter’ work ethic.
- Motivated by money!
- A personable and confident individual.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, varied and high pressure role.
- Will have excellent communication skills and be self-motivated.
In this role, you will:
- Build and retain a customer base.
- Plan your personal sales activity.
- Plan your key accounts.
- Book appointments through self-generation.
- Be required to understand/explain products and services and resolve queries and objections.
- Be fully accountable for the growth of GP (gross profit) across these modes and in line with a structured sales scheme.
- Report in to the National Sales Manager and generate weekly and monthly progress reports, when required.
- Be involved with market campaigns and related literature.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package (depending on experience)
- Company car, laptop and phone
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays, plus 8 bank holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme