Job Role: Class 1 Tramper Driver
Division/Department: Domestic Transport
Reports to: Domestic Network Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator with five divisions – Europa Road, Europa Air & Sea, Europa Warehouse, Europa Contact Centre and Continental Cargo Carriers. It provides market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services. Europa has featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employs over 1,300 across the UK at 15 sites (and growing) as well as offices in Shanghai and Hong Kong. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
To ensure the required deliveries and collections are made on time, to a high level of professional standard so customers receive a first-class experience.
This is where you come in:
As a Driver, you will be an integral part of ensuring our full and part load deliveries and collections, are made on time. The work is port work, so you will be collecting trailers from dockside, and making deliveries as per the routing, as well as collections and returning to port for un-accompanied Sea freight movement into mainland Europe. All work is for this position is based within the UK
Working with our Trailer Routing desk, you are required to adhere to times where appropriate, but accept that the working day will change as the day progresses. Friendly and professional approach is key as our drivers are the face of our company. We would expect you to control your driving and working time hours over a salaried 60hr week. The work is on a Monday to Friday basis.
Our Ideal Person:
- Full Class 1 HGV license.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Tramping arena preferred but not essential.
- Has a clean licence and up to date DCPC
- Ability to be contacted and receive instruction via email whilst on road
- Able to complete required documentation (written correspondence like Run sheets and CMR’s)
In this role, you will:
- Complete daily walk round ensuring vehicles are mechanically sound and legally road worthy before commencing shift as part of driver walk around checks.
- Performing basic repairs and maintenance in the event of accident or breakdown while in transit.
- Maintain the interior of the truck to keep it clean and presentable daily.
- Safely securing heavy loads and large goods for transport.
- Secure the truck as required during rest periods and overnight stops as necessary.
- Organising the most efficient route from pickup point to drop off point using PDA/SATNAV.
- Keeping informed of road closures, accidents, and traffic diversions.
- Assisting in site employees with the loading and unloading of deliveries into the lorry.
- Complying with all MOT and in-house regulations and rules.
- TACHO download
- Undertake any other duties as requested by their line manager, commensurate with the role.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Additional holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- 24 days holiday