Job Role: Team Leader
Division/Department: Europa Contact Centre
Location: Ashford, Kent
Reports to: Senior Team Leader
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is a leading independent logistics firm, employs over 1000 staff and was recently featured in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the second time.
Europa Worldwide Group is a fast-growing privately-owned freight forwarder which is structured into six Divisions – Europa Road, Europa Air & Sea, Europa Warehouse, Europa Show Freight, Europa Contact Centre and Continental Cargo Carriers.
As an outsourcer of contact centre services, we work with a wide range of clients across various sectors and have ambitious plans to grow in this market in the coming years.
This role is an office-based role (with occasional need to visit other Europa UK sites or client premises).
Hours of work are 40 hours per week across 7 working days, all operational hours. Rotas are scheduled monthly. Example work pattern – 5 days on/2 days off – one week early shift /one week late shift.
This is where you come in:
As one of a number of Team Leaders, you are responsible for successful delivery of advisor productivity, performance and adherence client SLAs within your work area.
Working alongside other team leaders you will motivate and drive team members to contribute to the successful delivery of all our client campaigns and our internal KPIs.
Our Ideal Person:
- Experience in contact centre team management (or similar position)
- Experience of managing teams remotely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective written communication skills – with an emphasis on professional email and social media response handling.
- Demonstrable aptitude for IT, including good working knowledge of contact centre platforms and all Microsoft packages
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload in line with operational needs
- Analytical problem solving
- Excellent customer service skills
- Aptitude to work on own initiative and as a member of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player, willingness to do what it takes to deliver
- Results orientated
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work
- Credibility to forge effective internal and external working relationships
- Actively seeks solutions not barriers
- Progressive attitude to change
- Commitment to the delivery of excellent customer service
In this role, you will:
- Monitoring adjusting contact centre workflow system (ACD screen) throughout the day to ensure that activity is managed in line with agreed daily targets and results in an efficient and high quality service.
- Ownership of real time team task allocation, prioritising and distributing workload to achieve and improve on agreed client SLAs and internal KPIs.
- Daily management of case records – review, update and allocate case records listed within the customer CRM.
- Ensure shift resource levels are maintained in the event of any unplanned absences.
- Agent timesheet and activity sign off
- Ensuring advisors are kept abreast of any changes to campaign briefing instructions or standard operating processes.
- Act as primary escalation for any customer complaints.
- Provide first line support for your team on any internal or customer issues raised.
- Escalation of any issues resulting in non-adherence to relevant team managers.
- Proactively identify and resolve any issues impacting on service delivery.
- Real time advisor performance monitoring and feedback (live call listening, agent performance metrics).
- Providing ongoing support and coaching to direct reports, maintaining a focus on the centres’ values and performance objectives.
- Support with the creation and monitoring of individual team member targets.
- Conduct team briefings and support in the delivery of operational updates and contact centre team workshops
- Managing absence and lateness in accordance with company policies and keep management informed of any potential issues.
- Support in the recruitment of new team members.
- Manage any employee competency or conduct issues identified in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly performance reports as required.
- Liaise with other department team leaders to ensure that all teams are working cohesively – placing service improvement and efficiency at the heart of what we do.
- Provide absence cover and general support throughout the centre to ensure that operational needs are covered at all times.
- Keep abreast of industry best practice and innovations and proactively contribute to the contact centre’s continuous improvement programme.
- Ensure that all operations are being undertaken in accordance with compliance and regulatory standards.
This job description is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time and amended by mutual agreement. There will be an annual Performance Review with your line manager to consider progress, job description and performance.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme