Job Role: Customer Service
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
Working within our Customer Service team you will be responsible for the ongoing management of the existing customer base, focusing of the service provided, retention and customer spend. This is a hybrid position of internal sales and customer service.
This is where you come in:
We are currently looking for a Customer Service individual to join our Europa team. You will need a good telephone manner, ideally come from a freight background and be able to proactively deal with situations & problem solve.
Our Ideal Person:
- Strong, confident personality with an internal sales background and/or customer service background.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication (face-to-face and over the phone) skills.
- The ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload and within a targeted environment.
- A good head for numbers is required.
- At least 2 years Commercial Office experience preferred
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service
- A desire to improve the Gross profit margins.
- English and maths at GCSE level C or above are essential.
In this role, you will:
- Receive inbound calls from your client base and dealing with their calls correctly in order to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Make outbound calls to your client base to understand what consignments they may have and quoting & booking/managing on their behalf.
- Prepare quotations, maximising the gross profit earning potential for each consignment.
- Refer any complex issues or requests to your line manager, ensuring maximum opportunity is extracted at all times.
- Log all activity in the CMS where required.
- Report your figures daily into your line manager.
- Develop the business within your customer base in order to achieve the GP levels required.
- Manage your client base to maintain and develop the business relationship, aiming to become sole supplier where possible.
- Manage all aspects of the Customer accounts, including liaising with internal departments and ensuring credit limits are managed.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme