Job Role: Customer Service Operator
Division/Department: Road Branch
Reports to: Customer Service Manager/Customer Service Supervisor
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
To build, manage and maintain relationships with customers as directed by the customer service manager. Manage the day-to-day operations of the customers in your portfolio ensuring agreed service levels and financial targets are met.
This is where you come in:
We are currently looking for a Customer Service individual to join our Europa team. You will need a good telephone manner, ideally come from a freight background and be able to proactively deal with situations & problem solve.
Our Ideal Person:
- Strong, confident personality with an internal sales background and/or customer service background.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication (face-to-face and over the phone) skills.
- The ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload and within a targeted environment.
- A good head for numbers is required.
- At least 2 years Commercial Office experience preferred
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service
- A desire to improve the Gross profit margins.
- English and maths at GCSE level C or above are essential.
In this role, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for all matters related to your assigned portfolio of customers.
- Work with key internal stakeholders such as operations and customs supervisor to obtain delivery status updates for your portfolio of customers within a timely manner.
- Be responsible to communicate Providing updates for customers through either phone or email facet.
- Manage the customer service cycle from start to finish ensuring that key information required to prepare quotes and process consignments are compliant with HMRC customs.
- Provide a variety of quotes to your customer to best service their requirements in an ever-changing scenario.
- Be responsible for ensuring credit limits are managed to an appropriate level and payments and debt is recovered.
- Be responsible to ensure that make sure the commodity codes and invoices are correct and processed for dispatched.
- Ensure that the commodity codes and invoices are correct and processed for dispatched.
- Ensure that problematic tasks that are held for any reason are rectified in a timely manner.
- Be proactive in approaching and engaging with existing customers to generate income
- Support the Customer Service Manager with statistics that highlights customer performance and trends via the Customer Service Database Leonardo.
- Respond in a timely manner to problem or concerns from customers within the required turnaround time.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by their line manager, commensurate with the role.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Additional holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Hybrid working
- 25 annual leave days, increasing to 27 days after 10 years continuous employment
- Company events