Are you Customer Focussed? A people person? Confident?
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator offering specialist road, air and sea logistics services. With a strong presence in over 160 countries across six continents, we deliver pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide and we’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff.
Responsible for the ongoing management of the existing customer base (named clients) with a mind to maintaining your customer base and spend levels.
The role is a hybrid of an internal sales role and a customer service role.
This is where you come in:
We are currently looking for a Customer Service individual to join our Europa team. You will need a good telephone manner, ideally come from a freight background and be able to proactively deal with situations & problem solve.
Our ideal person:
- Strong, confident personality with an internal sales background and/or customer service background.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication (face-to-face and over the phone) skills.
- The ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload and within a targeted environment.
- A good head for numbers is required.
- At least 2 years Commercial Office experience preferred
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service
- A desire to improve the Gross profit margins.
- English and maths at GCSE level C or above are essential.
As Customer Service, you will be:
- Receiving inbound calls from within your named client base and dealing with their call correctly in order to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Making outbound calls to your named client base to understand what consignments they may have for us to quote, book or manage on their behalf – a proactive rather than reactive approach is required.
- Preparation of quotations for presentation to the customer with a mind to achieving quote/consignment conversion targets you may be set from time-to-time and with a mind to maximising the Gross profit earning potential on those opportunities, referring any complex issues or requests to your line manager for advice in order to ensure the maximum amount of opportunity is extracted at all times from the customer base.
- Logging all activity in the CMS system (Goldmine) where required.
- Reporting your figures daily into your line manager so that activity levels can be monitored at all times.
- Development of the business within your customer base in order to achieve the GP levels required.
- Management of the accounts in your business base with a mind to maintaining and developing the levels of business within that client base, ideally with the aim of becoming the sole supplier within those accounts where practical and possible.
- Managing all facets of the accounts for which you are responsible, ensuring that credit limits are managed in line with Company standards, internal communication with all operational departments allows those departments to perform their roles correctly and in order to ensure delivery of our promises made to the customer.
- Working within the Europa framework at all times to ensure development of Group/Core services.
- Making regular contact with your customers pro-actively to ensure that we are satisfying the needs of the customer and with a mind to developing further business opportunities from within that account.
What you can expect from us:
- 24 days annual leave
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) – offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- Excellent working environment designed to promote a good work/life balance.
- Training & personal development.
- Supportive peers & management team – your success is our success.
- The opportunity to work within a rapidly growing global organisation.
- Working within a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!