Job Role: Export Operator
Reports to: Branch Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
Contact consignors confirming the cargo is ready for collection understanding who is doing the export declaration, arranging the collection with your nominated partner, prepare the file for an Export Declaration and the shipment departs your depot on the first available departure to the UK.
This is where you come in:
We are currently looking for an Export Operator to join our Europa Team in our brand-new Rotterdam office. This role is responsible for the service to and from Europe. The primary contact of the nominated partner controlling their business to the UK and ensuring Europa business is operated in the most cost effective manner and delivered to the customers’ expectations.
Our Ideal Person:
- Strong, confident personality, with customer service or operation background.
- Previous experience within transport and logistics, is ideal but not essential.
- Time management and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise and to pro-actively deal with situations and use initiative.
- Driven to succeed within the workplace.
In this role, you will:
- Contact collection point to confirm cargo is ready, details are correct and confirm Export Customs Requirements ensuring we do as many clearances as possible in house.
- Arrange the collection with the European Distribution Partner (EDP).
- Control collection discrepancies with the partner and internal stakeholders.
- Collect invoices from customers or customers own Export Declarations.
- Prepare Export Declarations in Transport Management System (TMS).
- Hold daily call at 1700hrs with EDP to talk through discrepancies ensuring re-planned shipments will collect tomorrow.
- Prepare the loading list for the departure to the UK.
- Ensure the travelling manifest and customs documents are 100% accurate.
- Manage any discrepancies from the receiving depot.
- Follow up any delivery discprencies ensuring all shipments delivery on time.
- Communicate delays and operational issues with relevant stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the financial success of each trailer recovering off all revenues and costs.
- Customs cost and charges
- Shipments cost and charges.
- Operational costs and charges.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Superb, located offices
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual base salary (excluding bonus) divided in 12 equal monthly instalments.
- 25 working days’ paid holiday plus normally 7 Statutory holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Remote / hybrid working
- Laptop / phone