Job Role: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Commercial Finance Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
This role supports the Commercial Finance Manager in producing accurate and timely monthly Management accounts for the Warehouse Division and this includes producing financial information to a Customer Level. The Finance Assistant is responsible for reconciliations, posting journals and explaining variances / providing commentary as required for management accounts, as well as producing accurate results for the division along with insightful analysis of data.
This is where you come in:
We are currently a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team based at our office in Corby. As part as our Apprentice Scheme, we are offering the study of AAT qualification alongside working, with the view to continue into CIMA/ACCA in the future.
Our Ideal Person:
- Looking to start a career in Finance
- Keenness to learn / continue studying AAT, with the view to continue into CIMA/ACCA in the future
- Strong attention to detail
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Pragmatic and flexible attitude
- A good relationship builder, able to communicate effectively
- IT and computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel (Beginner or Intermediate level), Outlook and Teams.
- Maths and English GCSE’s
- A Levels are preferred but not essential
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the production of monthly Management accounts for Warehouse division.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations, producing accurate and timely results for review by Commercial Finance Manager.
- Produce accurate Customer P&L reports following the collection of key customer data.
- Ongoing collection of key data requirements from Divisional stakeholders.
- Assist in the annual audit process, ensuring all key information, journal postings and supporting calculations are retained to support the process.
- Production of high quality reporting and analysis, providing guidance on key trends and business performance versus key metrics – Budget & Prior Year – support discussion and decision making between Commercial Finance and Warehouse Division.
- Contribute to customer tender process / Rate Reviews, as required by Commercial Finance Manager.
- Investigate and challenge financial data when required.
- Support Commercial Finance Manager with the Budget and Forecast process.
- Work with the Warehouse team to create timetables and plans.
- Supporting Commercial Finance Manager with Finance Business Partnering tasks.
- Contribute to team meetings /financial review meetings as required.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent starting salary, plus- company laptop and tablet
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Maternity & Adoption pay (13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay, and 13 weeks of statutory pay)
- Paternity – 2 weeks full pay
- Bereavement leave
- Pension (5% employer and 3% employee)
- Death in Service – life cover – 2 x salary
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period)
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Canteen facilities
- Company events