Job Role: Driver (Float position)
Division/Department: Road / Transport
Reports to: Transport Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 1200 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
As a Float Driver, you will be an integral part of the Driver staff and be total cover for all driver classes, to fulfil the requirements of the business, as well as within the legal confines. Further to this, your position will carry other responsibilities to ensure the required levels of service for tasks entrusted, are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
This is where you come in:
Working within the Transport Team, you will be proficient in Multi-drop in Class 2, experienced in Class 1 day work, Class 1 Night Trunking, and has the capacity to cover Class 1 tramping doing port haulage.
Our Ideal Person:
- Will have Class 1 experience
- Ideally be trained in ADR
- Ideally trained in Driver Assessor qualification
- Complete knowledge of Drivers & Working Time Directive hours regulations
- Ability to work productively but autonomously where required, yet as part of the overall Transport team
- In-Cab IT confident
- Ability to find solutions where problems may arise, with an excellent level of competence
- Will be strong communicator with a great level of written and spoken English
- Willing to Learn & take on Training where required
In this role, you will:
- Be part of a fast paced, well humoured team
- Complete tasks that are required on the day of actions required
- Need to be totally flexible, and approachable
- Be flexible on working hours by arrangement
- Understand out in-cab IT Systems and its role within keeping us compliant
- Up for the Challenge!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Opportunity to Train in other areas to upskill this position
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 25 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.