Job Role: Forwarding Operator
Reports to: Forwarding Operations Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
In this role you will be handling of incoming forwarding enquires for all Europa U.K Branches, sourcing transport solutions, negotiating costings with 3rd party carriers and overseas agents. As well as building strong working relationships, establishing a professional and reliable service for all branch forwarding requirements.
This is where you come in:
We are currently recruiting for a Forwarding Operator to join our Road Team! The working pattern will be Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm.
Our Ideal Person:
- Previous experience within European Freight Forwarding and Operations.
- Has the ability and to be confident in negotiating costs with agents/hauliers to maximize profit opportunities whilst maintaining a high service level.
- Will handle multiple urgent tasks whilst having the ability to constantly prioritise your incoming workload.
- Can Consider all transport option i.e Groupage/Part & Full Loads, Dedicated Vehicles.
- Is able to move from one task to another under sometime tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service and a desire to improve the Gross profit margins are required.
In this role, you will:
- Receiving inbound calls and dealing with the call correctly in order to satisfy the internal sales or external branch’s needs.
- Managing all facets of a job for which you are responsible both import & export
- Working within the Europa framework at all times to ensure development of Group/Core services.
- Constant monitoring of collections/deliveries to ensure agents/hauliers meet their agreed service levels.
- Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
- Generating Export/Import Booking Confirmations advising to UK/overseas agents.
- Ensuring purchase invoices are in-line with agreed cost)/Job Admin/Filing.
- Dealing with agents/hauliers making sure that ultimate customer service is met at all times.
- Team player, customer friendly with ability to prioritise and work under pressure with good telephone manners.
Overall Purpose of this role is to ensure that the Europa Branches receive excellent customer service and the team comply to Import/Export operational procedures and in-line with company policy.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.