Job Role: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Dartford & Occasional travel to Czech Republic
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
The HRBP oversees all human resources operations and ensures they’re aligned with business working with the Head of HR, Regional management teams and other related Key Stakeholders to create a high performing culture with the right people in the right place at the right time.
This is where you come in:
As a Human Resources Business Partner, you will be a trusted advisor through the development of effective relationships with senior managers and our employees becoming an integral part of Europa Worldwide. Your remit will be to establish credibility as an HR expert through a ‘cradle to grave’ approach to employees.
This role offers hybrid working, with an office base in Dartford. As well as occasional travel to our Czech Republic office.
Our Ideal Person:
- Level 5 qualified or above, Charted institute of personnel and development (CIPD)
- Must be able to speak the following languages, English, Russian and Czech
- Strong generalist HR skills and project management experience
- Microsoft Office skills, including word, excel, PowerPoint to intermediate level
- Up to date Employment Law for the UK and Czech Republic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
In this role, you will:
- Support in the delivery of onboarding in close collaboration with the Recruitment team and managers and assist/lead on probation reviews as part of employee ongoing development.
- Provide up to date and knowledgeable advice to managers on the principles of UK employment law. Ensuring HR policies, processes and procedures are implemented to the required standard across the business.
- Support Managers in the delivery of the Appraisal and Review processes, including attendance at annual reviews ensuring progress is tracked and performance is managed. This process will be further supported by the HRBP who will arrange one to one discussions, which also act as a check-in on progress.
- Partner with managers to efficiently handle employee relation issues in a pragmatic and efficient manner while maintaining employee engagement and compliance with current legislation.
- Consistently deliver an accurate and timely response to issues including employment tribunal claims, redundancy, organisational restructures, terminations, TUPE, grievances, misconduct, code of conduct issues and disciplinary action.
- Conduct exit interviews immediately upon notification of resignation and communicate relevant recommendations to management.
- Coach, challenge and develop managers to equip them with the appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people across all employee management areas as needs are identified.
- Collaborate with managers on the cultural and people aspects of organisational, structural change, people processes and business improvement initiatives, ensuring engagement and motivation are preserved.
- Analyse and interpret employee management information for area of responsibility in consultation with HOHR and Senior Management to develop effective action plans for business units and management teams to help them address productivity, diversity, retention and performance issues and ultimately to help them meet their commercial objectives.
- You will be required to assist in the development and delivery of learning and development interventions which support the businesses learning initiatives as directed by the Head of HR.
- Regular attendance at Department meetings with requirement to ‘bring solutions’ for sharing amongst the team.
- Other projects or activities as may be requested.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!