Job Role: Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
Supporting the Head of HR in strategic and operational management of HR to achieve/exceed group profit, cash and growth goals by providing outstanding HR support and advice. The role is responsible for providing high quality, objective and robust partnering and generalist support to ensure the business develops and retains great people ensuring the culture and values remain at the forefront of all activity.
This is a true HR generalist role with a current emphasis on supporting the delivery of the people strategies and working across all areas of the Human Resource function. The HRBP oversees all human resources operations and ensures they’re aligned with business goals. You will work in partnership with the Head of HR, Regional management teams and other related Key Stakeholders to create a high performing culture with the right people in the right place at the right time.
This is where you come in:
You will act as a partner and trusted advisor through the development of effective relationships with senior managers and becoming an integral part of Europa Warehouse Ltd. Europa Warehouse currently has 350 staff over three large, modern sites. You remit will be to establish credibility as an HR expert through a ‘cradle to grave’ approach to employees. The role will cover the following responsibilities:
- Support in the delivery of onboarding in close collaboration with the Talent team and managers and assist/lead on probation reviews as part of ongoing development.
- Provide up to date and knowledgeable advice to managers on the principles of UK employment law. Ensuring HR policies, processes and procedures are implemented to the required standard across the business.
- Support Managers in the delivery of the Appraisal and Review processes, including attendance at annual reviews ensuring progress is tracked and performance is managed. This process will be further supported by the HRBP who will arrange one to one discussions in the form of stay interviews (this process adds to the wider engagement process), which also act as a check-in on progress.
- Partner with managers to efficiently handle employee relation issues in a pragmatic and efficient manner while maintaining employee engagement and compliance with current legislation. Consistently delivering an accurate and timely response to transactional activity and business issues including employment tribunal claims, redundancy, organizational restructures, terminations, TUPE, grievances, misconduct, code of conduct issues and disciplinary action.
- Provide exit interviewing for all regrettable losses in order to review workplace culture, day-to-day processes, management solutions, and employee morale.
- Coach, mentor, challenge and develop managers to equip them with the appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in areas including, performance management, absence management, succession planning, recruitment, career development and organizational change and exit interviews. Reinforce the importance of continuous management, including objective setting, giving and receiving honest feedback, and personal development.
- Collaborate with managers on the cultural and people aspects of organizational, structural change, people processes and business improvement initiatives, ensuring engagement and motivation are preserved.
- Analyse and interpret employee management information for area of responsibility in consultation with HOHR and Senior Management to develop effective action plans for business units and management teams to help them address productivity, diversity, retention and performance issues and ultimately to help them meet their commercial objectives.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyse feedback for recommendations to Senior Management escalate this and other metrics to the Head of HR for inclusion in Board reporting.
- Support in offboarding processes with direct line manager briefings to tackle head on operational challenges.
- You may be required to assist in the development and delivery of learning and development interventions which support the businesses learning initiatives as directed by the Head of HR.
- Regular attendance at Department meetings with requirement to ‘bring solutions’ for sharing amongst the team.
- Other projects or activities as may be requested.
Our ideal person:
- Strong generalist HR skills
- Project management experience
- Microsoft Office skills to include Excel up to pivot and c-lookup and PowerPoint presentations
- Experienced Negotiator and Mediator
- Up to date Employment Law expertise (TUPE/Discrimination etc)
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in delivery to groups of people fluently
- Strong writing and composition skills (Policy etc)
- High business ethics and commercially sensitive with ability to deliver solutions
- Unquestionable integrity
- Culturally unbiased
- Innovative and driven to finding new ways to work more effectively
- Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to prioritise
- Able to work on under pressure
- Concern for order and quality in delivery of service
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Has a flexible and pragmatic approach
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme