Job Role: Import Customs Operator
Division/Department: Europa Road
Reports to: Branch Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
To control the arrival of shipments into your nominated port or depot, process the relevant in-bound customs processes, book in the delivery and be responsible the importers interest in the shipment.
This is where you come in:
We are currently looking for a Customs Import Operator to join our Europa Team.
As we are opening our brand-new Rotterdam office, we will be handling our shipments from the United Kingdom for the Dutch market.
Our Ideal Person:
- Strong customer service background and a confident personality
- Previous experience / good understanding of import & custom operations
- Time management and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise and to pro-actively deal with situations and use initiative.
- Driven to succeed within the workplace.
In this role, you will:
- Control the arrival of shipments into your nominated port or depot
- Arrange the relevant inbound customs process:
- Import Clearance arranged with us using inhouse TMS
- Handover clearance to 3rd party
- T-Form from port/depot to consignee
- Ensure all customs processes are compliant and all customs issues are resolved
- Recover any additional admin charges are from shipment stakeholders
- Additional lines on customs entry
- Handover fees
- Book in the delivery with the consignee and release in the TMS
- Ensure any additional costs presented from the booking in are shared with shipment stakeholders
- Timed deliveries
- Quay costs
- Out of hour deliveries
- Specifics specified by the consignee that creates additional cost
- Customer Service for the consignee and shipment stakeholders ensuring the shipment is cleared and delivered as noted by the Customer Expected Delivery Date in the TMS
- Report any discrepancies to the different stakeholders.
- Respecting all legal and environmental requirements.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Superb, located offices
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual base salary (excluding bonus) divided in 12 equal monthly instalments.
- 24 working days’ paid holiday plus normally 7 Statutory holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Remote / hybrid working
- Laptop / phone