Job Role: Import/Export Operator
Reports to: Operations Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
To handle groupage network consignments coming into or out of our network partners for both imports and exports.
This is where you come in:
We are currently looking for an Import/Export Operator to join our Europa team. You will need a good telephone manner and ideally come from a Road freight background.
Our Ideal Person:
- Excellent time management –Handling multiple urgent tasks whilst having the ability to constantly prioritise your incoming workload.
- Flexible working approach –Being able to move from one task to another under sometime tight deadlines.
- Previous experience within European Freight Forwarding and Operations
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service and a desire to improve the Gross profit margins are required.
In this role, you will:
- Receiving inbound calls and dealing with calls correctly in order to satisfy internal sales or external branch’s needs.
- Building strong working relationships with partners and colleagues, establishing a professional and reliable service for all branch forwarding requirements.
- Constant monitoring of collections/deliveries to ensure agents/hauliers meet their agreed service levels.
- Generating Export/Import Booking Confirmations advising to UK/overseas agents.
- Dealing with agents/hauliers making sure that ultimate customer service is met at all times.
- Overall Purpose of this role is to ensure that the Europa Branches receive excellent customer service and the team comply to Import/Export operational procedures and in-line with company policy.
- Maximising profitability and increasing revenue/margin on all non-serviced EU markets and Routes
- Working within the Europa framework at all times to ensure development of Group/Core services.
- Ensuring purchase invoices are in-line with agreed cost
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.