Job Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Dartford (plus travel to other sites)
Reports to: IT Infrastructure Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
The Infrastructure Engineer will join our IT Team in our leading international Transport/Logistics company, based in Dartford.
You will play a vital part in the design, installation of the server infrastructure .The successful candidate will also be mentoring other staff and collaborating within the wider IT Services team.
This is an extremely interesting opportunity for someone who has a passion for I.T and is looking to vastly expand their knowledge in the industry.
This is where you come in:
Europa Worldwide Group are seeking a motivated, detail orientated, and hardworking infrastructure Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, ability to balance a variety of tasks and take great pride in their work.
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical expertise in a variety of infrastructure projects.
- Support and develop the entire server estate.
- Assist in DR and businesses continuity planning and testing.
- Develop Infrastructure project plans, technical specifications, design documents, roll-out and test plans.
- Second/Third line support during operational incidents.
- Contribute to IT policies and process development using industry best practices.
- Out of hours work (for projects and implementations) and Standby/On-Call support.
Our Ideal Person:
- Excellent knowledge Windows Server – up to 2019
- Strong VMware/vSphere/ESXi.
- Good working knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps And Desktops / NetScaler ADC.
- Veeam Backup and replication.
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory administration, DHCP, DNS and GPO.
- Patch Management experience
- IP Networking including VSwitches and VLANS.
- Experience of Cloud – Azure and Office 365 Suite.
- Knowledge of Linux – Red Hat/Ubuntu/Debian
- Understanding & Management of Thin Clients
- Any Experience Of PowerShell scripting
Additional highly desirable skills:
- vRealize Suite
- Monitoring solutions
- SFTP support.
- IIS servers.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.