Job Role: International Accountant
Reports to: Finance Controller
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
We are looking for a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant (or qualified by experience) who is happy to investigate costings and can identify monthly trends to work alongside our oversees branches, primarily based in Belgium.
This is where you come in:
We are currently recruiting for an International Accountant to join our Finance Team. The working pattern will be Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm with travel required to Belgium every two months on average.
Our Ideal Person:
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant (or qualified by experience)
- Thorough experience in working with / reporting on foreign entities
- 3 years’ experience working in an accounts team
- Good understanding of
- Prepayments & Accruals
- Debits and Credits
- Fixed Assets
- Understands the fundamentals of a P&L
- Dutch language ability is a distinct advantage
- Must have good Excel skills and be comfortable dealing with large volumes of data
- Ability to identify where adjustments are needed for prepayments and accruals
- Happy to dig deep into the detail and understand what the numbers are saying
- Enjoy problem solving
In this role, you will:
- Prepare monthly reporting for foreign entities
- Preparing P&L for each entity
- Raising of manual invoices
- Calculating and posting prepayments and accruals
- Petty cash journals
- Payroll journals (calculations already done by Payroll department)
- Other balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop improvements to current reporting and systems
- Liaising with accountants overseas
- Business partnering with, and first point of contact for divisional managers
- VAT workings to be completed and submitted to the tax authorities
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Maintain and update vehicle costings schedules
- First point of contact for yearend audit
- Bank reconciliations
- Other reporting requirements for entities (ONS equivalent)
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.