Job Role: IT Support Engineer
Division/Department: Europa Group IT
Reports to: IT Helpdesk Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 1000 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate IT support Engineer. This is a “hands on” position working in a fast-paced environment supporting a wide range of users. The successful candidate will have previous commercial IT support experience, providing 1st Line Support in a multi-site environment.
The main focus in this role will be to field support calls and helpdesk tickets with minimal travel to UK sites. Assisting the end user remotely or directly to help resolve their issues or escalate them to an appropriate member of the IT team within predefined SLA’s.
This is where you come in:
You will be the first line of support for the Helpdesk Team, taking the appropriate action to resolve problems received. This support role will also include the installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals.
Our busy, fast-paced, but fun IT team are based at our head office in Dartford, Kent.
You will be required to work on a weekly rotated shift of:
Monday to Friday 07:00 – 15:30 and 09:30 – 18:00 (alternated every week)
You will be required to be on call and support out of hours on an occasional basis, when required and once you have passed your probation period. Overtime will be paid.
Our Ideal Person:
- 12+ months of commercial IT support experience, in a large user base environment.
- Ability to handle 30-50 helpdesk calls per day.
- An excellent understanding of desktop, laptops, thin clients and servers.
- Experience in Microsoft Active directory administration.
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016/2016R2 and Linux as well as Microsoft Office 2013, 2016 & Office365.
- Understanding & Management of Thin Clients.
- Citrix Administration (Application based).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using IT Helpdesk/Support Software.
- User/training manual documentation experience.
- NEC telephone system administration would also be advantageous.
- Basic networking advantageous (Ping, Tracert, IPcConfig, NSLookUp, PuTTY).
- Permission/User/Group and basic network administration & networking skills.
- Excellent phone manner, communication and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- A team player with the ability to work alone where necessary, and a keen learner.
In this role, you will:
- Interact with computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of thin clients, desktop, laptops, peripheral equipment and software within established standards.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including the associated file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Assist in routine IT maintenance to ensure that the company systems run efficiently at all times.
- Help train and orient staff on use of current hardware and software.
- Assist in monitoring and maintenance of the LAN/WAN infrastructure and connectivity, as appropriate.
- Where necessary it may be a requirement to visit our UK based sites for routine maintenance, support, training or assist with ‘outages’.
- To provide out of hours support in line with a shared support rota.
- Assisting in monitoring infrastructure and responding accordingly to ‘outages’.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to internal staff at all times.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package (dependant on experience)
- Overtime pay when occasionally on call
- 24 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking and canteen facilities
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) – offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.