Job Role: Junior Infrastructure Engineer
Reports to: IT Infrastructure Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
Junior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operational service delivery of specific infrastructure and applications in this role, they will be working in a small team of infrastructure engineers, ensuring that the IT systems are supported, implemented, and maintained to the highest standard. This involves providing support of Windows/Linux/VMware & Citrix technologies and support key IT Projects inclusive of solutions design and deployment.
Our Ideal Person:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Technical Support Engineer, Junior Infrastructure Engineer or similar role
- At least 1 years’ experience in Windows Security Patching.
- Excellent troubleshooting, fault finding and root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server 2016-2022 & Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products including Office 365, Azure, and MDM would be Advantageous.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure along with sound decision making capabilities.
- Knowledge of using call logging systems, raising, and closing tickets.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain security patching across the infrastructure estate.
- Maintaining operational stability, security and high availability of core infrastructure platforms including the server estate both Windows and Linux.
- Support the Development Team with Back-end applications – Leonardo, High Jump (Logistics), PSB (Automation Robots at Corby), ASM Sequoia (Customs Clearance).
- Create and maintain documentation, policies, and procedures to high standards.
- Act as the escalation point for the IT Helpdesk team and IT Services team.
- Use the IT ticketing system for internal and external infrastructure team support.
- Day to day management of Active Directory, DHCP and DNS.
- Perform clean team collaboration around priority tickets.
- Ensure IT operational tasks in organisational projects and IT service improvement tasks are completed according to scope and timescales.
- Respond to OOO emergencies (server failures, space issues, user issues, application issues), in a timely manner, with quick escalation and fix as part of On-Call rota.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Additional holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Car parking
- Hybrid working
- 25 annual leave days
- Laptop / phone
- Canteen facilities
- Company events