Job Role: Learning & Development Partner
Reports to: Head of HR
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is a leading independent logistics firm, employs over 1000 staff and was recently featured in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the second time.
Europa Worldwide Group is a fast-growing privately-owned freight forwarder which is structured into six Divisions – Europa Road, Europa Air & Sea, Europa Warehouse, Europa Show Freight, Europa Contact Centre, and Continental Cargo Carriers.
Europa Road operates the UK’s largest European groupage hub which is situated in Dartford. Its network of 13 UK branches trunk into Dartford from where freight connects with daily, direct services to 30 continental hubs.
Supporting the Head of HR in strategic and operational delivery of the creation and building of learning, development, and continuous improvement culture at Europa. The L&D Partner will lead the design and delivery of learning projects and programmes across the Group and will help to ensure our workforce is skilled and equipped to deliver our current and future needs.
This is where you come in:
Europa Worldwide are currently seeking an experienced Learning and Development Partner with a background in Warehousing, Transport/Logistics or Manufacturing ideally possessing an Advanced Diploma in L&D and/or level 5 CIPD HR with focus on L&D. This position will be based at our head office in Dartford, but please note the successful candidate will be required to spend up to three months delivering learning at our new Corby site.
Our Ideal Person:
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant experience
- Some experience of working within either Logistics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or industrial types of roles. From Director to Shop or Warehouse floor.
- CIPD (or equivalent) learning qualification
- Relevant training delivery qualification, e.g. OD or L&D further education and or professional qualifications
- Must hold a full driving license
- Excellent oral, written communication and influencing skills, and the ability to present to large audiences
- Methodical approach and attention to detail
- Ability to work and deliver to deadlines
- Organisational skills and ability to manage own workload
- Actively develops self and keeps updated on new approaches in learning and development
- Self-motivated and uses initiative
In this role, you will:
- Work with the Head of HR to create a framework for career routes and succession planning for staff at Europa in line with our values, culture and business objectives.
- Work across sites and branches alongside the senior leadership team and HRBP’s to ensure brand standards are being met, addressing training needs and developing solutions where support is required with reference to Training Needs Analysis (TNA)/Performance Improvement initiatives, Job Descriptions and Appraisal processes.
- Ensure all employees are receiving on-going training related to their job role by collaborating with management and HRBP’s to design and implement individual development plans where required.
- Support new staffing through delivering inspiring and informative induction sessions, supporting managers with compliance training (H&S where directed by Head of HR) and on the job training.
- Oversee the Management Training Program and work closely with the senior leadership team and HRBP’s to ensure they are delivering the programme effectively in order to develop capable and committed managers.
- Meet with Head of HR and HRBP team on a regular basis and co-ordinate training activities.
- Ensure new and innovative ideas are explored and implemented. Create training manuals, polices and workshops. Deliver training workshops/ blended and e-learning across the wider business including sourcing external resources.
- Oversees our online e-learning platform (Dayforce) to ensure all modules are up to date as well as finding and suggesting innovative ways for online training to support training within different geographical areas and departments.
- Work with the Head of HR to establish and roll out a quality improvement programmes and ensuring where appropriate a schedule of refresher training is delivered by conducting an annual TNA.
- Taking responsibility for developing and maintaining staff training logs – produce monthly report to the Head of HR reflecting type, quality and quantity of training.
- Work within budgetary constraints maximizing grants and levy’s to deliver and monitor return on investment of training that has been delivered reporting on quality, cost, method and quantity to Head of HR on a monthly basis. training budgets and carry out appropriate monitoring/reporting on usage and chargeability by departments.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme