Job Role: Network & Security Engineer
Location: Dartford (plus travel to other sites)
The Network & Security Engineer will join our IT Network & Security Team in our leading international Transport/Logistics company, based in Dartford.
You will play a vital part in the design, installation, development and support of typically datacentre-based Network Infrastructure and Security solutions. The successful candidate will also be mentoring other staff and collaborating within the wider IT Services team.
This is an extremely interesting opportunity for someone who has a passion for I.T with a focus in Network Security and looking to vastly expand their knowledge in the industry.
This is where you come in:
Europa Worldwide Group are seeking a motivated, detail orientated, and hardworking Network & Security Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, ability to balance a variety of tasks and take great pride in their work.
Your technical background will cover in depth knowledge of Network Security Technologies and Best Practices.
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical expertise on the implementation of new Network & Security appliances/infrastructure, and changes to the existing environment in a controlled manner.
- Design, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of Network & Security technologies including, but not limited to Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Switches, Network Access Control and Network Analysis tools.
- Supporting network security products & services with a focus on Nextgen firewalls (NGFW) and Internal Security Analytics tools.
- You will work with other members of the Infrastructure and IT Support teams to research, determine the scope & complexity of issues, and identify steps to resolve them.
- Give direction and recommendation on Security Enhancements/Features.
- Develop project plans, technical specifications, design documents, roll-out and test plans.
- Second/Third line support during operational incidents.
- Contribute to IT policies and process development using industry best practices.
- Out of hours work (for projects and implementations) and Standby/On-Call support
Our Ideal Person:
- Excellent Network Security support experience (2/3 years’+ is desirable)
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP Suite.
- Knowledge of endpoint security solutions (e.g. Anti-Malware, File Integrity, DLP)
- Experience with Network implementation, configuration and operational maintenance of Cisco Software & Hardware.
- Upgrade software on hardware such as Switches, Firewalls, Wireless and Management Tools.
- Hands-on experience in the setup, administration, and configuration of NGFW Cisco Firepower/FMC, Cisco ISE, and Network Analytics Tools.
- Experience with VPN technologies.
- Security Logging & Monitoring
- Knowledge of tunnelling protocols | IPSEC, L2TP, GRE.
- Knowledge of the following protocols | DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SSL/TLS.
- Experience setting up and maintaining Radius/TACACS Servers.
- Firewall/Web Content Filtering solutions.
- Two factor Authentication | Cisco DUO / O365
- Strong Second/Third line Network support.
- Experience working with Network Monitoring Solutions
- Technical and non-technical Documentation | Visio
Additional highly desirable skills
- Cisco Stealthwatch.
- Cisco ISE.
- Cisco DNA Centre.
- Disaster Recovery.
Additional highly desirable qualifications
- Cisco CCNA Security
- CompTIA Security+
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.