Job Role: Air & Sea Operations Manager
Division/Department: Air & Sea
Reports to: Air and Sea Sales Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
To manage the operational requirements of the department to ensure the successful delivery of the Air & Sea operations function..
This is where you come in:
To lead and manage all operational requirements within the branch to achieve business and client expectations and results.
Our Ideal Person:
- Experience in operations or sales management preferably within the freight and distribution sector, and preferably with extensive road freight experience
- Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and sales management systems
- Exceptional communication and customer relationship skills
- Good standard of Education
- Proven track record of achievement in service delivery
- Hard working and service orientated
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, a team player, capable of building strong internal and external relationships
- Influencing and change management skills
- Powerful oral and written communication skills
- Proven people management skills
- Good industry sector awareness and a strong network of contacts
- Dedication, enthusiasm, ambition and gravitas
In this role, you will:
- Identify challenges and propose ideas to improve the general operations function and manage the rollout of these solutions.
- Produce & monitor financial and operational reports to support the business and ensure profitability and efficient running of the key functions within the operations team.
- Oversee invoicing/job costing in the department; ensuring they are done in a timely and accurate manner and finalised by month-end deadline.
- Manage the operations team; dealing with challenges as and when escalated, apportioning workload effectively and overseeing the development of the operational staff, including training requirements and the appraisal process.
- Create and maintain an enjoyable working atmosphere and ensure the operations team work in harmony with other departments within the Company.
- Build relationships with both key client and supplier contacts.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of local Export & Import customs regulations and ensure Europa Air & Sea is compliant.
- Analyse expenditure and liaise with external agents to drive down costs, increase margins and improve service-levels.
- Collaborate with other departments and members of the management team to obtain maximum accuracy, efficiency, and performance within the division, avoiding risk to the department and shipment margin.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Europa operational software and procedures to drive productivity and improvements from the system.
- Facilitate a smooth transition of new customers from the sales process into operations and ensure queries are correctly dealt with and customer needs are met at all times.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by their line manager.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary package.
- Laptop and mobile.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 20 days annual leave + 3 days conventional leave + 6 days catch-up rest + 11 bank holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Meal Vouchers
- Hospitalisation and dental insurance