Job Role: Road Account Manager
Division/Department: Europa Road
Reports to: Branch Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is a leading independent logistics firm, employs over 1000 staff and was recently featured in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the second time.
Europa Worldwide Group is a fast-growing privately-owned freight forwarder which is structured into six Divisions – Europa Road, Europa Air & Sea, Europa Warehouse, Europa Show Freight, Europa Contact Centre and Continental Cargo Carriers.
Europa Road operates the UK’s largest European groupage hub which is situated in Dartford. Its network of 13 UK branches trunk into Dartford from where freight connects with daily, direct services to 30 continental hubs.
Your responsibilities for this amazing opportunity will consist of achieving and exceeding financial, appointment and telesales (outbound calls) targets as dictated by the line Manager and for maintaining and developing your customer base for which you will be fully accountable.
This is where you come in:
We are currently recruiting for an Account Manager to join our highly successful Road Freight team. We require driven individuals, who are motivated by building a strong and successful customer base and the financial rewards that this provides.
Our Ideal Person:
- A strong, confident, and resilient personality type.
- Ideally you will come from a sales background or have previously worked within freight forwarding.
- Previous experience in a sales or telesales role, with a proven track record of success.
- Be motivated by success and financial reward and have a passion and enjoyment for the sales process.
- The ability to work well and thrive under pressure, within a targeted environment.
- Have fantastic communication skills both written and verbal with an impressive telephone manner.
- Show passion, pride, and excitement for managing your own portfolio of customers.
- Be eager to learn, develop and excel in your career within sales.
In this role, you will:
- Sourcing sales leads using the Company’s in-house CMS or other sources of information.
- Making telesales calls (outbound) to potential clients to profile and qualifying the prospect, using your knowledge of the Europa product portfolio.
- Making appointments in line with targets where customers meet the required qualifying criteria to appoint.
- Visiting potential customers with a mind to converting them into customers.
- Preparing of quotations for presentation to the customer.
- Managing the accounts in your business base, maintaining, and developing the levels of business within that client base, ideally with the aim of becoming the sole supplier.
- Managing all facets of the accounts for which you are responsible, including credit limits and internal communication with operational departments.
- Making regular contact with your customers pro-actively to ensure that we are satisfying the needs of the customer and with a mind to developing further business opportunities from within that account.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent and competitive salary package, commission scheme and uncapped bonus.
- Company car on successful completion of probation period.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays + bank holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.