Job Role: Sales Account Manager
Division/Department: Road Branch
Location: Oostende, Belgium
Reports to: Branch Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
Responsible for achieving and exceeding financial, consignment, appointment and telesales (outbound calls) targets as dictated by the line manager, and for maintaining and developing your customer base for which you are fully accountable.
This is where you come in:
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Account Manager to join our highly successful Road Freight team. We require driven individuals, who are motivated by building a strong and successful customer base and the financial rewards that this provides.
Our Ideal Person:
- A strong, confident, and resilient personality type.
- Ideally you will come from a sales background or have previously worked within freight forwarding, but not essential.
- Previous experience in a sales or telesales role, with a proven track record of success.
- Be motivated by success and financial reward and have a passion and enjoyment for the sales process.
- The ability to work well and thrive under pressure, within a targeted environment.
- Have fantastic communication skills both written and verbal with an impressive telephone manner.
- Show passion, pride, and excitement for managing your own portfolio of customers.
- Be eager to learn, develop and excel in your career within sales.
In this role, you will:
- Source and identify leads appropriate to the Europa Road product portfolio.
- Record all new potential business activity in our contact management system and maintain the data regularly.
- Make outbound telesales to generate new business opportunities, arrange meetings either face to face or virtually.
- Meet and exceed gross profit and consignment number targets in line with the Road Account Manager Scheme.
- Use your commercial awareness to set pricing levels for new and existing customers using spot quotes or rated business.
- Provide a personal and efficient service to your portfolio of accounts acting as lead contact to ensure customers are kept up to date with account activity and challenges and queries resolved efficiently and pro-actively meeting all their needs.
- Schedule regular meetings with your existing customers to review the business performance and maintain relationships.
- Liaise with your customers and Europa customs teams to ensure the compliance of their shipments, also ensuring accurate entry of consignment and customs information to Leo.
- Management of financial aspects of your portfolio ensuring that the credit limit and payment history is in line with the company standard.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by their line manager, commensurate with the role.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Competitive commission structure
- Laptop / phone and company car
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Additional holiday scheme