Job Role: Sales Ledger Administrator
Reports to: Credit Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
We are currently looking for a Sales Ledger Administrator to join our Finance team at our Dartford Branch. The person we are seeking will be responsible for the administrative requirements of the Sales Ledger.
This is where you come in:
The role will involve working within a team, assisting in cash allocation on the various sales ledgers, assisting in the invoice batch uploads onto the various sales ledgers and helping with the day-end process of the various sales ledgers.
Our Ideal Person:
- Ideally has administrative experience but a willingness and an eagerness to learn is essential.
- Attention to detail
- Good judgement.
- A team player, capable of building strong internal and external relationships.
- An ability to work on own initiative.
- GCSEs in both Maths and English.
- Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Skills in verbal and numerical communication and reasoning.
In this role, you will:
- Allocate cash to invoices daily.
- Create new accounts on the various sales ledgers daily on receipt of completed credit application forms ensuring that all forms are completed fully and correctly.
- Update WebSend with new customer information
- Process account changes on written requests from branches and customers.
- Scan all processed credit application forms for adding to our LEO system.
- To investigate all invoices that have been posted via WebSend to discover the correct email address and then update WebSend.
- To regularly data cleanse the sales ledger by exporting the information to Excel and adjusting any incorrect detail or entering missing details.
- To file and maintain all paperwork that is created for both credit applications and cash batches on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- To regularly compare the credit insurance information on LeoFinance matches the information held on the Nexus database.
- To control and file all remittance advices that are received in preparation for when the payments are received and need to be allocated accurately.
- To liaise with the depots to locate any information that is missing from credit application forms.
- Contacting the relevant Account Manager once an account has been opened and advise them of the account number, the status that has been authorised as well as the agreed and potential credit limit for that customer.
- To contact the relevant Account Manager or branch when a credit/debit card payment has been received so that they can advise which COD the payment relates to so that it can be released.
- To carry out any adhoc administrative task as requested by your line Manager.
- To learn the invoicing creation role of the Dutyline Department so that you can be administrative support for that section as and when it may be required.
- To regularly check that all filed remittance advices are still correctly outstanding, and that the payment has not yet been received and allocated.
- To work closely with the Credit Control Department to identify unknown payments to ensure that they are allocated against the correct company.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme.
- Buying holiday scheme.
- Employee Wellbeing Program.