Job Role: Seafreight Customer Service
Reports to: Seafreight Operations Manager
To support the Supervisor, Manager and operational requirements of the business through excellent customer service and attention to detail. Working closely with the Pricing Team, BDM’s and colleagues to ensure clients receive the best in class customer service. Along with general operations this will also be involved in the direct communication with customers and suppliers via email and phone, along with the utilisation of Europa software.
This is where you come in:
We are currently recruiting for a Seafreight Customer service to join our Europa team. You will need to have excellent communications skills and dedication to excellent customer service. Ideally you would join the role with office experience and be able to promptly deal with situations and produce a solution to any solution you face.
Our Ideal Person:
- Attention to detail with a passion for customer service is critical to this role.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication (phone and writing) skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload is also a necessity.
- A good head for numbers is required.
- English and maths at GCSE level C or above are essential.
In this role, you will:
- Receiving inbound calls from within the branches, client base and either redirect the call to the relevant employee or, if they are away from the office, deal with their call correctly to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Managing Sea freight import operations right from receipt of booking, arranging collection and booking cargo with carriers/NVOCC operators and Overseas Agents.
- Preparing documentation for Import Clearance in-order to forward same to in-house clearing agents and then keeping track of entries, arranging deliveries in-time.
- Credit check on accounts in-line with company policy.
- To deal with Invoicing/Job Costing to customers in a timely and accurate manner and investigating any discrepancies that arise on those invoices.
- Dealing with shipping lines, overseas agents, making sure that ultimate customer service is always met.
- Overall Purpose of this role is to ensure that the client receives excellent customer service and the team comply to Import operational procedures and in-line with company policy.
- To complete KPI and shipment tracking reports for customers.
- To deal with the passing of our supplier’s invoices in line with the agreed cost and investigating any discrepancies.
- Working within the Europa framework at all times.
- A respect towards the office Health and Safety guidelines.
- Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays, Plus 8 bank holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.