Job Role: Seafreight Customer Services
Division/Department: Air & Sea
Reports to: Seafreight Operations Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
To support the Supervisor, Manager and operational requirements of the business through excellent customer service and attention to detail.
This is where you come in:
Working closely with the Pricing Team, BDM’s and colleagues to ensure clients receive the best in class customer service. Along with general operations this will also be involved in the direct communication with customers and suppliers via email and phone, along with the utilisation of Europa software.
Our Ideal Person:
- Previous experience in Seafreight is essential with working knowledge / experience in import operations
- Customs clearance knowledge is essential
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service are required
- Attention to detail with a passion for customer service is critical to this role
- Time management skills are essential as are communication (phone and writing) skills
- You will have the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure
- A good head for numbers is required
- English and maths at GCSE level C or above are essential
In this role, you will:
- Receive inbound calls from within the branches, client base and either redirect the call to the relevant employee or, if they are away from the office, deal with their call correctly to satisfy the customer’s needs
- Manage Sea freight import operations right from receipt of booking, arranging collection and booking cargo with carriers/NVOCC operators and overseas agents
- Prepare documentation for import clearance in-order to forward same to clear or forward to in-house clearing agents and then keeping track of entries, arranging deliveries in-time
- Credit check on accounts in-line with company policy
- Deal with invoicing/job costings to customers in a timely and accurate manner and investigating any discrepancies that arise on those invoices
- Deal with shipping lines, overseas agents, making sure that ultimate customer service is always met
- Ensure that the client receives excellent customer service and the team comply to import operational procedures and in-line with company policy
- Complete KPI and shipment tracking reports for customers
- Deal with the passing of our supplier’s invoices in line with the agreed cost and investigating any discrepancies
- Work within the Europa framework at all times
- Respect the office Health and Safety guidelines
- Perform any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.