Job Role: Customs Declarant
Division/Department: Europa Road
Reports to: Customs Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
This role will be responsible for the processing of import, export and transit customs entries for new and pre-prepared import movements.
Other tasks may be implemented from time-to-time.
This is where you come in:
We require a hard-working and process orientated individual, with the ability to perform continued tasks ‘over and over’. The purpose of this role is:
- Inputting and completing consignments for customs clearance
- Contacting importers and exporters to establish their clearance instructions
- Associated administration
Our Ideal Person:
- Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Solid experience and knowledge with customs processes, customs systems, customs regimes, issue and query resolution.
- Diligent and accurate attention to detail when processing large amounts of data.
- Strong communication and customer relationship skills.
- Secondary education
- Dutch, English, French.
- At least 2 years’ experience preferred in administration, data entry or customer service.
- Careful and accurate attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills, exceptionally diligent for adhering to rules of compliance and a nose to understand and work out complex problems, with an ability to understand the workings of customs regulations and apply appropriately and correctly.
- A team player, capable of building strong internal and external relationships.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Dedication, enthusiasm, focussed and a friendly personality.
In this role, you will:
- Contact partner companies abroad for missing information in order to process consignment for delivery and/or clearance.
- Contact importer and exporters for instruction and information to facilitate clearance.
- Liaise with transport and warehouse departments to ensure consignment is progressing as required.
- Enter consignment into customs clearance system to facilitate that clearance.
- Refer any complex issues or requests to your line manager.
- Understand the information you need to make the inbound clearance, where to obtain it, and complete the entry in accordance with regulations.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service and process compliance within the team.
- Tackle any areas of non-compliance and solving problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Competitive salary package
- End of year bonus
- Medical plan
- Pension plan