Job Role: Senior Engineer
Location: Corby (occasional travel to other sites and overseas)
Reports to: Head of Facilities and Health & Safety
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is the leading independent logistics firm and employs over 950 staff and was recently featured in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the second time.
Europa Worldwide Group is a fast-growing privately-owned freight forwarder which is structured into six Divisions – Europa Road, Europa Air & Sea, Europa Warehouse, Europa Show Freight, Europa Contact Centre and Continental Cargo Carriers.
Europa Road operates the UK’s largest European groupage hub which is situated in Dartford. Its network of 13 UK branches trunk into Dartford from where freight connects with daily, direct services to 30 continental hubs. It also owns Continental Cargo Carriers, based in Belgium which performs full and part load services between the UK and Continent.
Reporting directly to the Head of Facilities & Health & Safety, the role of the Senior Engineer is to provide the on-site technical support & expertise to all matters relating to our new Warehouse Automation systems, both during the implementation and the ongoing operation.
Following the successful implementation, this role will become the ‘Subject Matter Expert’ for business as usual operations of the automated equipment, diagnosing failures and planning maintenance and resolution for major issues.
Working closely with the General Manager, you will be responsible for KPI reports to demonstrate system reliability and to highlight areas of focus to improve efficiency. Although the position comes with no direct budget responsibility you will give input to drive best possible value for the business, maintain the stock levels of spare parts and be responsible for their re-ordering to ensure critical spares are available.
The future will see a team building around this position, developed as the system goes live with 2 direct reports and the management of contractors falling under the remit of the Senior Engineer with the role being 70% hands on with direct intervention to break downs and mentoring the team to build inhouse capability.
The role is based on a day position but as with the nature of the operation flexibility will be required to ensure adequate cover is available to meet business needs, which may include working recognised shift patterns.
This is where you come in:
We are seeking a mechanically and electrically minded individual who thrives in a technically focussed hands-on environment and would enjoy the challenge of developing and running a market leading automated warehouse system.
Our Ideal Person:
- Comprehensive understanding of production lines & packaging systems gained from working directly in an automated environment
- Strong Mechanical & Electrical ability, ideally certified to HNC engineering or equivalent
- H&S experience within a busy fast paced business is essential
- Management skills for both leading your own team as well as managing contractors
- A strong communicator that has proven experience in working collaboratively across the business to translate desired business outcomes
- Strong Software Background, specifically working knowledge & fault-finding ability on Siemens S7, WinCC,
- ProfNet & ASI Networks
- Working knowledge of machinery safety regulations & legislation
- Highly computer literate / Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Experience working on Inverters / Servo Drives / HMI panels
- Proven knowledge of Lean Tools & Techniques to drive best in class performance
- Background in packaging equipment, specifically case erectors, sealers & labellers
In this role, you will:
- Immerse yourself into the implementation of the system and understand the full system layout and connectivity of the warehouse management system to ensure rapid diagnosis and resolution of all errors
- Develop guidelines for maintenance execution, fault finding protocols and spares management
- Implement & manage the stores requirements for the project
- Ensure H&S Lotto procedure and permits are stringently followed
- Manage expectations of senior managers in the business
- Work closely with 3rd party installation and design team to ensure a successful commissioning and handover
- Provide expertise on system capability and capacity for future projects
- Develop & Create Standard Operating Procedures ensuring safety is at the heart of what we do seeking best practice and company standardisation by working alongside our external safety consultants
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package, depending on experience
- Laptop and phone
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme