Job Role: Software Business Analyst
Division/Department: Group IT
Reports to: Software Development Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
Due to continued growth and investment we are expanding our in-house development team and are recruiting for several Software focussed Business Analysts to join the Europa Worldwide Family.
Our Osberton office is an easy commuting distance from Sheffield, Nottingham and Doncaster and benefits from being recently refurbished. We have beautiful views across 50 acres of grounds consisting of lawns, parklands, lakes and free parking.
Initially fully remote, when we are back in the office we offer generous flexible working hours, including working from home twice per week and a flexi-time system.
This is where you come in:
Europa is continuing to invest heavily in bespoke IT solutions to continually improve efficiencies and communication. As a key member of one of our software development teams you will foster close relationships with business stakeholders, eliciting requirements and formulating user stories. You’ll also work closely with our Software Developers and Testers, forming part of a successful Agile team.
Our Ideal Person:
- Commercial experience with a background in analysis of companywide applications
- Excellent knowledge of analysis techniques
- Able to define and scope epics, features and user stories with confidence
- Good experience working within Agile teams
- Advocate analysis best practice to ensure efficient and successful delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A relevant degree or industry qualification
- Experience working in an in-house development team
- Experience of MS Azure Devops, Jira or similar.
- Experience working with road freight, finance, sales or contract logistics.
In this role, you will:
- Foster and maintain close working relationships with business stakeholders, translating requirements into quality user stories
- Ensure functional and non-functional requirements are gathered and presented in a readable way
- Produce UI mock-ups for consumption by both the Business and the Development Team
- Assist with the production of any associated documentation
- Work closely with the Development Manager, helping to refine and order the product backlog
- Facilitate software demos
- Work closely with the Software Testers to provide quality software that meets the business needs, and be prepared to assist with testing when required
- Travel to other sites in line with business needs.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive basic salary.
- Support and mentoring.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- 24 days holidays, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme