Job Role: Software Developer
Reports to: Software Developer Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
The Software Developer is responsible for the design and development of software to meet business requirements as part of a team.
This is where you come in:
The development team is growing inline with the growth of the business, we need quality developers to help us to deliver the ever growing software demands that arise from that growth.
Our Ideal Person:
- A relevant degree (ideally in a computing or science related degree), or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent C# + .Net Core and/or .Net Standard skills
- Experience of React/Angular or another modern web framework
- WebAPI or another API framework knowledge
- Good working knowledge of security concerns
- Good MSSQL skills
- Experience of working in an in-house development team.
- Experience of WPF/MVVM
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for building good knowledge of Europa Software Systems and a true understanding of Europa Business areas and practices relating to their team, through knowledge share between team members, to ensure effective solution design.
- The ability to write code, which is performant, well formatted, efficient, easily readable, maintainable, appropriately commented and adheres to common best practices.
- Takes initiative to utilize libraries, pair programming, modern language features and tools where appropriate to solve problems efficiently.
- Responsible for completing code reviews of other team member work to ensure a high level of quality.
- Attending and participating in daily stand ups, design and specification meetings, showcases and retrospectives as part of the AGILE work practices of the development team.
- Leverages AGILE/XP principles to understand and suggest improvements to the development process to empower the team with better collaboration and communication.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Fully remote role
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Additional holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme