Are you technical? Passionate about development? Efficient?
Europa is continuing to invest heavily in bespoke IT solutions to continually improve efficiencies and communication. We are now looking to expand our in-house development team. The new applications have and will be designed and developed “from the ground up” enabling a long term, future proof and fit for purpose solution. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a long term and critical project.
The development team is based at recently refurbished offices within the grounds of Osberton Hall, Nottinghamshire. The estate boasts beautiful views across its almost 50 acres of grounds consisting of lawns, parklands and lakes.
The development team is supported by a Head of Development and a 15-strong team of developers of all levels.
Our ideal person:
- Will have a relevant degree (ideally in a computing or science related degree), or equivalent industry experience.
- Must have solid experience of working with C# and MSSQL, with commercial experience of .NET framework 4.5 or above.
- Will have a personality which will both fit into, and enrich our team, someone who is a forward thinker and hands-on.
- Will be prepared to travel to other Europa sites when required. (Estimate 1 day per fortnight on average)
- Commercial experience of WPF/MVVM
- Other C# experience, whether it’s web or otherwise, will still be considered as Europa are open to new ideas/ways of doing things.
- Experience of working in an in-house development team.
- Experience of working with road freight, logistics, finance or sales systems.
- .NET Standard and .NET Core experience.
- Knowledge of Version Control tools (SVN/VSTS but preferably GIT).
- Familiar with automation servers (TeamCity/Azure DevOps Pipelines) and Continuous Integration methodologies.
- Experience of using the Azure DevOps tool.
As a Software Developer, you will:
- Need to have a clear understanding of expectations and deliver Quality at Speed.
- Need to spot areas where we can do better and to openly, but respectfully, challenge unnecessary work, always suggesting the most efficient route to the right solution.
- Be pro-active to help us grow this company and build great software.
- Design & write a WPF (MVVM C#) based desktop application in Visual Studio 2019 using WCF and Microsoft SQL Server 2017.
This is where you come in:
We recognise the value that IT can bring to a company, especially within our sector. We have many ideas that we want to realise within our applications and, of course, we want them as quickly as possible! We want to be creative, innovative, flexible and pro-active; the development practices of the team will essentially be agile and pragmatic. We’re looking for like-minded people who want to both learn and help develop practices that make us become more and more successful.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive basic salary.
- A personalised 3 year progression plan after probation period.
- Support and mentoring.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance. Flexibility to work from home occasionally.
- Stunning office environments, including free parking.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Full re-imbursement for any travel expenses incurred.