Job Role: Software Support Analyst
Division/Department: Group IT
Reports to: Software Development Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
Due to continued growth and investment we are expanding our in-house development team and are recruiting for several Software Support Analysts to join the Europa Worldwide Family.
Our Osberton office is an easy commuting distance from Sheffield, Nottingham and Doncaster and benefits from being recently refurbished. We have beautiful views across 50 acres of grounds consisting of lawns, parklands, lakes and free parking.
This is where you come in:
Europa is continuing to invest heavily in bespoke IT solutions to continually improve efficiencies and communication. As a member of our new software support team you will ensure users get a prompt, courteous and professional service; and our software developers get all the information they need in a relevant format to quickly address underlying problems in the software.
Our Ideal Person:
- Excellent computing skills
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Trouble shooting experience
- Time management techniques to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Experience in a software support role
- Relevant computing degree, higher education course or industry qualification
- Experience of MS Azure Devops, Jira or similar.
- Experience working with road freight, finance, sales or contract logistics.
- Good experience working within Agile teams.
- Familiarity with NetHelpDesk HALO ITSM
In this role, you will:
- Triage user queries to ensure the required information is provided to find a resolution.
- Communicate with users to gather further information, provide solutions and redirect non-support requests.
- Manage problems by collating similar tickets and communicating root cause, work arounds and resolutions.
- Run appropriate tools to resolve known issues.
- Prepares and maintains reports about software problems.
- Produce reports on the types and categories of support tickets.
- Work with the Software Development Managers and Business Analysts to raise user interface improvements to the software.
- Learn the different areas of the Leonardo software suite.
- Assist with the production of any associated documentation.
- Provide guidance to users on how best to use the system and avoid known issues.
- Provide out on hours support (via a rota) to the business.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive basic salary.
- Support and mentoring.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global rapidly growing organisation.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- 24 days holidays, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Sick pay scheme
- Buying holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme