Job Role: Trailer Planner
Reports to: RDP Network Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
We are an independent privately-owned operator delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide. We’ve grown to employ more than 900 staff and have a presence in more than 160 countries across the globe, offering Road, Air and Sea, Showfreight, Warehouse and Contact Centre services.
As a Trailer Planner, you will be controlling 9 tramping drivers that Europa Road Limited, subcontract to our sister company. This will mean the passing of information to/from drivers to the planners in Oostende, Belgium and ensure your drivers are meeting deadlines.
This is where you come in:
Working within Trailer Planning team and having the understanding that total flexibility is key, and in electronic contact with the Belgium based planners, the ideal candidate will be aware driver hours and working time directive regulations, and a good communicator in both written and verbal communication. This position involves the use of Outlook, and Excel as well as the electronic filing of documents.
Our Ideal Person:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Trailer planning arena, and preferably have running knowledge of Tramping vehicles
- Has the understanding of flexibility in the role is essential
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as productively as part of a team
- IT Literate to communicate via email where required
- Proficient in Excel Spreadsheets
In this role, you will:
- Be part of a fast paced, well humoured team
- Ensure the communication between the planning team, and drivers is on time and of a high standard
- Be proactively involved in live vehicle breakdowns where appropriate
- Receive on the job, yet in depth training of the role requirement from existing and experienced team
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package including iPhone for out of hours calls where appropriate.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays, Plus 8 bank holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.