Job Role: Van Operations Supervisor
Division/Department: Road Branch
Reports to: European Forwarding Manager
About Europa Worldwide Group:
Europa Worldwide Group is an ambitious independent logistics operator specialising in Road freight, Air & Sea freight and Warehousing.
We provide market leading products and services to leading international and UK businesses who have chosen Europa because of its commitment to providing best in class services.
We have featured in the prestigious Sunday Times Top Track 250 three times and employ over 1,300 staff globally. The company’s turnover of £260 million in 2021 is expecting to increase to £300 million in 2022.
To support and assist the European Forwarding Manager in overseeing and coordinating all forwarding operations. Managing the Forwarding Operators working within the team, driving their performance to ensure all tasks are carried out efficiently and that customs formalities are adhered to.
This is where you come in:
You’ll be providing crucial support and assistance to the European Forwarding Manager, ensuring the smooth operation of forwarding activities and customs compliance. This role serves as a key point of escalation, monitoring day-to-day duties, and handling various administrative tasks within the logistics and forwarding department.
Our Ideal Person:
- Previous experience within European Freight Forwarding and Operations.
- Complies with internal Customs processes.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service.
- Ability to manage a growing team and promote a positive working environment.
- Management experience is beneficial, but not essential.
In this role, you will:
- Provide day to day support to the European Forwarding Manager in overseeing the Forwarding Operators
- Ensure the Forwarding operators comply with internal Customs processes.
- Offer regular coaching & training via one-to-one management of those personnel to ensure that they are performing as anticipated.
- Support the European Forwarding Manager with any escalation issues from internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensure the European Forwarding Manager is kept up to date with any major issues and escalate where necessary.
- Report any issues / delays in a timely manner to branch colleagues.
- Maintain healthy working relationships internally and externally and promote positive working environment with the Forwarding Team
- Correctly pass off invoices and query discrepancies with supplier and place on hold until adequate response received.
- Manage the administrative duties efficiently.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by their line manager, commensurate with the role.
- The role holder will be expected to show flexibility in working arrangements, including working hours, which could include out of hours/weekend support if required to ensure that Europa delivers the required level of service.
- Ensure you comply and follow our company values, which we refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa Rewards Scheme (offers/discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc)
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- Hybrid working
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Additional holiday scheme
- Employee Wellbeing Programme