Job Role: VMU Operative
Reports to: Fleet Desk Manager
As a VMU Operative, you will be an integral part of keeping our fleet of powered vehicles and Trailers on the road. The core hours for this role are 11am to 9pm but these are subject to change when cover is required.
This is where you come in:
Working in a team and in electronic contact with the Fleet desk, the ideal candidate will be proficient in first fixing on trucks (things like mirror or bulb replacement, replacing vehicle steps, curtain repairs etc), and ideally with experience with PMI’s (Preventative Maintenance Inspection) although not essential as training will be offered in due course.
Our Ideal Person:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Truck & Trailer Maintenance arena,
- Ability to work productively as part of a team,
- Experienced in mechanical & electrical fault finding,
- Would have own hand tools (but not vital),
- Ideally IT Literate to communicate via email where required.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of a fast paced, well humoured team,
- Complete tasks that are in line with Vehicle Compliance and Legislation requirements,
- Be proactively involved in live repairs to keep our vehicles on the road,
- Receive on the job, yet in depth training of the role requirement from existing and experienced team.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent salary package.
- Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) –offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays.
- Contributory company pension scheme.